Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: FBS? Doesn't the Fargodome need to be expanded first?

Hail bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: FBS? Doesn't the Fargodome need to be expanded first?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I think the major angst against FBS is not the competition per say. It has more to do with the shitty bowl games if we went that route. Nobody here that Ive seen is really anti FBS period. Most would welcome a move up if it benefited NDSU and there was a playoff involved. Of course a competitive conference and travel friendly would be a plus.
    I'm anti FBS PL. If we had the stadium, funding, invite and if there was a playoff system, I'd be on board. We have none of these. I don't see any of this happening.I'm just being realistic

Quote Originally Posted by Hail bison View Post
    I'm anti FBS PL. If we had the stadium, funding, invite and if there was a playoff system, I'd be on board. We have none of these. I don't see any of this happening.I'm just being realistic
    I agree with your thoughts also and you actually think like many and myself that the stars would need to align to make it happen. So you really arent anti FBS in as much that there are a whole bunch of reasons that has to fall in to place to make it happen.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Am I the only one that enjoys watching the Bison beat up every FCS team they encounter from the comfort of my $135 season ticket seat and traveling here and there to watch the ol' Bison beat up on FCS teams?
    Rynomite

Getting way to obsessed with Bison Football since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Boise is kind of stuck in the MWC. Their academic profile is not attractive to any major conference, neither is their overall athletic profile and probably not their market either.
    What does that say about NDSU as a potential MWC candidate?

The guys pushing FBS are all drooling over the MWC. I don't see the point. Most of the MWC is a national joke when it comes to football. Why do we want to be there?

The whole "exposure" argument falls flat when you ask what the end game is all about. What will that do? Where is NDSU coming up short now as an institution? How many more students can we handle and is that really the measuring stick?

Every cost/benefit discussion I've seen on this subject gets woefully short on facts when the "MW hope for the best" guys start talking. Seriously. All talk. No fiscal responsibility. Like kids screaming for the next shiny toy that Daddy really can't afford.

Longer you stay the more we creep back to the d2 days with the same ncc teams we need to stay ahead and be the leader in the Midwest.
    Northern the Mountain west is a great conference
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Longer you stay the more we creep back to the d2 days with the same ncc teams we need to stay ahead and be the leader in the Midwest.
    The MWC actually is a pretty good basketball conference (actually way out of our league). As a football conference, they are closer to FCS than they are to the P5. The bigger factor is that I seriously doubt NDSU is even in their top 20 prospects for new members.

I'd be good with just a playoff system and conference. If we get them the money will fall into place. The stadium isn't a necessity but would make life easier

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

FYI....I was talking in general.... not specifically about you

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Wait..you're not excited about st cloud st coming to town??

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Dont get me wrong....I think that as well. It just funny to watch how peoples opinions get solidified on forums....after 3 posts is always an all or nothing attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I think the major angst against FBS is not the competition per say. It has more to do with the shitty bowl games if we went that route. Nobody here that Ive seen is really anti FBS period. Most would welcome a move up if it benefited NDSU and there was a playoff involved. Of course a competitive conference and travel friendly would be a plus.