Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 TV coverage

Default Re: 2014 TV coverage

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Statewide is huge but FSN North is a perfect fit for us. In a perfect world we can get it simulcast on FSN it would take us to the next level. FSN North is not only a local channel for basic cable in the midwest but its known as the station for the Twins, Wild, Wolves, and Vikings news. Perfect fit for ndsu
    Simulcast would be the only way that makes sense. The highest-rated program in FSN history was a 34-share (Wild in Stanley Cup) and that's just for the Twin Cities. If NDSU games were only on FSN, then ND viewership would go down by at least half.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Simulcast would be the only way that makes sense. The highest-rated program in FSN history was a 34-share (Wild in Stanley Cup) and that's just for the Twin Cities. If NDSU games were only on FSN, then ND viewership would go down by at least half.
    I am quite intrigued by your stats, Tony. It would be cool if you can give us a little more detail on ratings to help understand your perspective which no doubt is accurate. I think a sheer numbers demonstration on why statewide NBC is better for viewing numbers than FSN alone when FSN is widely available in ND.

I do think FSN+ opens up doors previously not available for NDSU and simulcast was allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I am quite intrigued by your stats, Tony. It would be cool if you can give us a little more detail on ratings to help understand your perspective which no doubt is accurate. I think a sheer numbers demonstration on why statewide NBC is better for viewing numbers than FSN alone when FSN is widely available in ND.

I do think FSN+ opens up doors previously not available for NDSU and simulcast was allowed.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/north/story...s-north-050114

Of course, I can't predict what NDSU's share would be on FSN if that was the only option. There's about 300,000 households with TVs in North Dakota. 116,000 don't have cable so I'm probably over-estimating the share NDSU would get. source: http://www.tvb.org/media/file/Cable_UEs_by_State.pdf

Doesn't look like FSN is on basic cable in Minot (looks like you have to do two upgrades to get it.) Same deal in Dickinson.

Simulcast would be awesome though.

They would likely black it out in North Dakota. It's the Minnesota viewership that's valuable

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    They would likely black it out in North Dakota. It's the Minnesota viewership that's valuable

Herdbot is correct.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

FSN could easily simulcast using kvly feed and agree to blackout ND and even show it on Wisconsin FSN
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    FSN could easily simulcast using kvly feed and agree to blackout ND and even show it on Wisconsin FSN
    This ^
    Not to mention it's a national channel on Directv with the sports package

To me it's a perception changer. When your on the same channel as the Minnesota pro teams, people think of you in a brighter light

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Bison football should be ppv only and you have to join team makers just to order it then all that money should go towards moving to the FBS.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    That would be awesome and the best of both worlds.

In the past, it's sounded like some people think that getting on FSN is more important than being on statewide broadcast in North Dakota. Perhaps I've misunderstood them?

That would be awesome and the best of both worlds.

In the past, it's sounded like some people think that getting on FSN is more important than being on statewide broadcast in North Dakota. Perhaps I've misunderstood them?
    .I think the general consensus is they are both very important and have strong points. I've always contended the Fox College Sports isn't super valuabe since it's not an actual channel with programming and FSN North comes with a built in audience of midwest sports fans and advertising opportunities