Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 TV coverage

Default 2014 TV coverage

First of all, as one of the most vocal past critics of NDSU TV coverage, I want to publically tip my hat to Jeremy J. for the miracle he pulled off last year. Yes, I know a winning team helps, but he obviously was doing something right. Living in Sioux Falls, which is an excellent example of the type of regional city NDSU needs to be regularly on TV, it really helps for recruiting/staying connected to alumni. I think it is important for those who live in ND think about how important this is in the "big picture" even though you are not as directly impacted as me, BisonMike2, teach, etc.:

1. NDSU was on broadcast TV (no PPV) here for 8 of 15 games. (That is flippin unbelievable for an FCS school.) 4 were legit national TV, 3 ON FSN NORTH OR PLUS, and 1 on Midco. (yes, one other was both on midco and FSN+) All without gimmicks like Wed, Thurs, etc games. (intentional shot at FBS zealots) WOW, WOW, WOW.
    2. Every other single game was on ESPN 3 which, provided you have any decent cable company, you can get pretty easy. If not, every game but Ferris was on PPV Gameplan even if SD not HD.

So where to go from here?

1. NDSU needs to strive to continue to have an FBS game that gets at least regional broadcast coverage. It simply generates more interest than Furman, or Wofford from the more casual fan. The goal should be peer institutions; land grants/state universities.
    2. Some of this is out of NDSU's hands I'm sure, but it sure would be nice if ESPN3 came in HD which we all know is possible. I think that when on Gameplan, for some reason ESPN3 could not be HD for unknown reasons.

What a change is all I can say. What other improvements do others want to see?
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 07-01-2014 at 06:51 PM.

Default Re: 2014 TV coverage

I would be completely happy until every game is on either FSN or FSN+ but I realize we are a ways from that happening. Any programming that can be picked up in the Twin Cities is a must.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

No third wheel telecasters.

I think that being on statewide broadcast TV in North Dakota is hugely important. Everything else is gravy.

I may be in the minority, but it's obvious that a 60+ share is possible in North Dakota on broadcast TV, and I can't imagine that FSN's or MidCo's numbers would even come close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I think that being on statewide broadcast TV in North Dakota is hugely important. Everything else is gravy.
    Never said it was not important and needs to be goal #1, but NDSU would be quite foolish not to continue to push for regional coverage like we had last year. Yes, Lakes is completely nuts, but one thing he is completely correct on is that NDSU has an opportunity to be really viewed as the regional football power of this region regardless of division. More and more folks outside of ND are finally taking note of how good NDSU is and the FSN coverage is clear objective proof of that! (not to mention the Iowa St. chatter this year and NDSU getting a true ESPN mother ship game last year; I suppose GameDay was also positive exposure!)

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    No third wheel telecasters.

*cough* lee Timmerman *cough* *cough*
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

I may be in the minority, but it's obvious that a 60+ share is possible in North Dakota on broadcast TV, and I can't imagine that FSN's or MidCo's numbers would even come close to that.

This precisely. Other regional schools would sell their souls if they didn't already have a $100M lien on it to have their stuff on free tv statewide.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

When is the tv schedule going to be released?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Statewide is huge but FSN North is a perfect fit for us. In a perfect world we can get it simulcast on FSN it would take us to the next level. FSN North is not only a local channel for basic cable in the midwest but its known as the station for the Twins, Wild, Wolves, and Vikings news. Perfect fit for ndsu

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

As much Fox Sports as possible, especially in HD. Watching out of market is hard but it can be done. Last year was great.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯