Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2015 and Beyond

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2015 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    According to Brad Winton of JucoRecruiting.com
    Johnny Woodard of North Dakota School of Science verbaled to Tennessee State.
    WHAT???????????????????????

if NDSU would've offered, we could've gotten him over freakin Tennessee state!! why didn't Richman's old man hook us up with that transfer?? he would've took over for LA next year
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Article on another Minneapolis North athlete - 6' 6" Jamil Jackson (2016) (13.6 ppg)
    (NDSU also shown as offering Minneapolis North PG Tyler Johnson) (2016)

Gopher Hole: I know that it is still early in your recruitment, but what schools are you starting to hear from?

Jamil Jackson: I am starting to hear from the University of North Dakota, Minnesota, South Dakota , NDSU and Drake.
    http://www.gopherhole.com/news_artic...rrer_id=388419

First page updated, interest in three new MN players(Wright, El Amin and Kirkwood).
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What happened with Houston Lavachek (JUCO - Williston)? Good size 6'9", can shoot from anywhere (I think he played some guard in high school), and a good inside game as well...who wouldn't want a guy with that size that can do it all? Did we run out of schollies or did we decide not to wait around for him?

very interesting comment from Jayden on Hallstrom's show. Fast forward to the 33:30 mark and Steve asks about recruiting and he says possibility of bringing in one more kid. We are working through some things right now.

http://podcast.flagfamily.com/?name=...-15_hour_1.mp3

I think we can eliminate any underclassman declaring for the draft which would lead me to believe they want to help a young man transfer out. Sorry if this is unwarranted or uncalled for and feel free to delete this last sentence, but my hunch tells me Showalter to a DIII or JC in Wisconsin.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Diallo Powell from Lake Region State is a name to keep an eye on. Been told he's waiting to see if a spot will open up. Has quite a few D-1 offers (UND, Duquesne, U of San Fran).

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well according to this link from the Zak Showalter page http://www.d2messageboard.com/showth...015-16)/page18 Jake is already confirmed to be leaving. It would make sense as with the depth we have at guard I don't see him getting much playing time and if since he didn't want to redshirt it would seem he had hopes to see minutes right away. If he'd stay I think the best case scenario for him would be if he ended up as a Mike Felt type role player as he can certainly shoot but if playing time is more important then he'll be better off elsewhere. If he is leaving I'm not so sure I buy that we would bring in two JuCo players in the same class, especially with the success we've had signing some guys late and the exposure we just had from being in the tournament could put us in good position to bring in another solid HS player but that remains to be seen I guess.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Well according to this link from the Zak Showalter page http://www.d2messageboard.com/showth...015-16)/page18 Jake is already confirmed to be leaving. It would make sense as with the depth we have at guard I don't see him getting much playing time and if since he didn't want to redshirt it would seem he had hopes to see minutes right away. If he'd stay I think the best case scenario for him would be if he ended up as a Mike Felt type role player as he can certainly shoot but if playing time is more important then he'll be better off elsewhere. If he is leaving I'm not so sure I buy that we would bring in two JuCo players in the same class, especially with the success we've had signing some guys late and the exposure we just had from being in the tournament could put us in good position to bring in another solid HS player but that remains to be seen I guess.
    I agree, don't have a knee jerk reaction and think theres a hurry to fill spot by adding a JUCO player who has two years remaining (UNLESS projected STARTER) when can comb through and possibly use NCAA run to add a HS recruit who can build the program with in time.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    very interesting comment from Jayden on Hallstrom's show. Fast forward to the 33:30 mark and Steve asks about recruiting and he says possibility of bringing in one more kid. We are working through some things right now.

http://podcast.flagfamily.com/?name=...-15_hour_1.mp3

I think we can eliminate any underclassman declaring for the draft which would lead me to believe they want to help a young man transfer out. Sorry if this is unwarranted or uncalled for and feel free to delete this last sentence, but my hunch tells me Showalter to a DIII or JC in Wisconsin.
    Surprised Hallstrom didn't do research of Bison Basketball recruits if he was going to ask the question on the air??

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Surprised Hallstrom didn't do research of Bison Basketball recruits if he was going to ask the question on the air??
    no doubt, a quick tri to John's page would give him the info he needed.