Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2015 and Beyond

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2015 and Beyond

Way to go Coach Billeter!

Augustana head men's basketball coach Tom Billeter announced today the signing of Hopkins, Minn. native John Warren to a letter of intent to continue his academic and basketball career at Augustana. Wednesday was the first day of the spring signing period for NCAA basketball programs.

Warren, a 6-foot-5 175-pound guard, will graduate as a four-year letterwinner and three-year starter for the Hopkins Royals where he was a first team all-conference and Star Tribune All-Metro selection his senior season. Warren helped his team to a section championship in 2014-15 averaging 18.7 points per game while also leading the team in rebounds, blocks and steals.
    John Warren was (is) a (2015 NDSU interest)
    With Warren's interest list I had wondered if this was who Mr Burgundy had been hinting about.
    Augie is keeping after Moorhead State, what a rivalry that might be next season.....

http://www.goaugie.com/news/2015/4/1...416152908.aspx

Another 2015 NDSU interest, 6' 10" 210 lb Kyle McKinley, Stillwater, signed with Div I Albany previously,
    but was released from that LOI......

Verbal Commits @VerbalCommits · Apr 8
    2015 Stillwater Area (MN)/Albany commit C Kyle McKinley reopened his recruitment. (HT @RyanJamesMN) @KyleMcKinley6 http://verbalcommits.com/players/kyle-mckinley
    McKinley played in a Moorhead Holiday tourney IIRC, including a game against Hawley and future Bison TE Ben Ellefson.
    He also is a teammate of another future Bison, TE/DE Matt Anderson.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 04-16-2015 at 10:18 PM.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    It is just "recruiting shit" according to Gabe. So it must not be a big deal. I will just say this...if we get the kid that I am hoping we get, I will post a video of the kid, that we will all be very excited about. This is private, it is ok to SIGN, not just verbal, and we don't need this name public at this time. I personally wasn't sure we would use this last scholarship as we have an awesome group of 4 kids coming in (now all 4 officially signed). But, after seeing this kids offer list, and his film, YES PLEASE. He is different than what we currently have and would make us tougher. Which we always can use. this kid has fire. You can see it in the clip. sorry for your love/hate relationship. (now waiting for my PM's to fill up).
    A 6'8" F who can fly?? Or is it a 7' C who can...also fly?

Augustana head men's basketball coach Tom Billeter announced today the signing of Hopkins, Minn. native John Warren to a letter of intent to continue his academic and basketball career at Augustana. Wednesday was the first day of the spring signing period for NCAA basketball programs.

Warren, a 6-foot-5 175-pound guard, will graduate as a four-year letterwinner and three-year starter for the Hopkins Royals where he was a first team all-conference and Star Tribune All-Metro selection his senior season. Warren helped his team to a section championship in 2014-15 averaging 18.7 points per game while also leading the team in rebounds, blocks and steals.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Way to go Coach Billeter!

John Warren was (is) a (2015 NDSU interest)
    With Warren's interest list I had wondered if this was who Mr Burgundy had been hinting about.
    Augie is keeping after Moorhead State, what a rivalry that might be next season.....

http://www.goaugie.com/news/2015/4/1...416152908.aspx
    Definitely an exciting signing for the Vikes, particularly when you consider that, barring injury, we should have our entire roster back for next season. I believe one bench player is transferring, but he was a 1-2 minutes per game guy. As of now, all starters and the first 3-4 guys off the bench are returning next year. Adding a player of Warren's caliber certainly doesn't hurt our cause.

Warren might actually be the highest-ranked Minnesota kid Billeter has pulled in at Augie so far (maybe Cody Schilling was higher, but I'm not sure they had the player rankings back then). Either way, John is the highest-ranked Minnesota kid to go D2 this year, which is great.

I believe Billeter and his staff have been recruiting him for quite awhile now and I kept waiting for a D1 to pull the trigger but it didn't happen. Should be an extremely talented NSIC player for the next several years.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It is just "recruiting shit" according to Gabe. So it must not be a big deal. I will just say this...if we get the kid that I am hoping we get, I will post a video of the kid, that we will all be very excited about. This is private, it is ok to SIGN, not just verbal, and we don't need this name public at this time. I personally wasn't sure we would use this last scholarship as we have an awesome group of 4 kids coming in (now all 4 officially signed). But, after seeing this kids offer list, and his film, YES PLEASE. He is different than what we currently have and would make us tougher. Which we always can use. this kid has fire. You can see it in the clip. sorry for your love/hate relationship. (now waiting for my PM's to fill up).
    Haha it's all good, it's exciting knowing that there's someone out there we could get yet this year and I definitely understand the privacy portion. I'm just impatient and don't like to wait.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is this prospect a HS SR, JUCO, or TRANSFER??? Can you say that?

Cheick Diallo? Knew it all along.

Serious though, we can use tough post players, imo like Marshall was, dude held his own. Hoping its a strong 4/5 guy that's 6'7-6'9.
    "We All From Africa"

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wannah Bail from UCLA or Max Hoetzel from Indiana

I did see a transfer from IPFW that is 6'8

I thought I read that Burgundy was excited and little surprised have a shot at so I'm guessing more of a transfer

New Offer...Both SD schools have also offered him....

Triston Simpson
    Lincoln(North Star), NE 6'1 PG
    hudl highlights

North Dakota State has offered 2016 Lincoln North Star (OSA 17u) PG Triston Simpson (@DriveMaster31). #SummitMBB #GoBison
    https://twitter.com/NebraskaHSHoops/...02990698045441
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Wannah Bail from UCLA or Max Hoetzel from Indiana

I did see a transfer from IPFW that is 6'8

I thought I read that Burgundy was excited and little surprised have a shot at so I'm guessing more of a transfer
    I Wanaah Bail on all these ideas please...

This extra scholarship would be a perfect opportunity for a transfer. Sit a year and open the new arena.