Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2015 and Beyond

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2015 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Surprised Hallstrom didn't do research of Bison Basketball recruits if he was going to ask the question on the air??
    He was too busy tweeting about how NDSU needs teh hockies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    I agree, don't have a knee jerk reaction and think theres a hurry to fill spot by adding a JUCO player who has two years remaining (UNLESS projected STARTER) when can comb through and possibly use NCAA run to add a HS recruit who can build the program with in time.
    I know it's not the Bison way (in either football or basketball) to rely on JUCOs, but only playing 7 guys hurt us at times this year. I am not saying they should sign a JUCO, but losing LA and playing just Miller last year as a freshman, there is a lot of unproven depth after KB, AJ, and Dupree. I will say the Powell kid from LRSC is for real. My guess they want to redshirt Deng and possibly Kabellis.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    I know it's not the Bison way (in either football or basketball) to rely on JUCOs, but only playing 7 guys hurt us at times this year. I am not saying they should sign a JUCO, but losing LA and playing just Miller last year as a freshman, there is a lot of unproven depth after KB, AJ, and Dupree. I will say the Powell kid from LRSC is for real. My guess they want to redshirt Deng and possibly Kabellis.
    Clements is a JUCO guard who will be here next year. I believe Deng has stated that he wants to redshirt.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We already have a JUCO in this class though with Malik Clements coming in. We'll have a nice 4 person rotation with Dupree, KB, Miller and Clements at the 1 & 2 spots so I would prefer to bring in another HS recruit versus another JUCO player we only get a couple years out of. If we could find another solid SG or SF in this class we'd be in real good shape. Of course this is all speculation at this point until we hear something for sure on the Showalter situation.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    We already have a JUCO in this class though with Malik Clements coming in.
    Just so everyone is aware and to add context, Clements is not your typical JUCO recruit. He was a freshman this year and is coming in as a true sophomore. Hence he has 4 years to play 3. So in other words, NDSU could redshirt Clements (not saying they have any plans to do this...I have no clue on the matter) next year and he would still have 3 more years to play after that.

I know we are bringing in Clements. Doesn't mean we can't bring in another JUCO. I was just passing on information from a very good source that NDSU is interested in Diallo Powell. He has visited campus twice in the past month and wants to be at NDSU. Doesn't mean he will be at NDSU.

Your looking at a guard rotation of: Dupree, Paul Miller, KB, and AJ. We redshirted Trey Miller (who I heard is going to be very good).
    Bringing in Kabellis (redshirt candidate) and Clements (4 years to play 3, could redshirt). I wouldn't be shocked if they take a sign another guard whether its a JUCO or high school kid.

Well they have a scholarship available with Showalter gone.

I was just passing on information from a very good source that NDSU is interested in Diallo Powell. He has visited campus twice in the past month and wants to be at NDSU. Doesn't mean he will be at NDSU.
    I personally would rather see a freshman brought in if they can find one in the late recruiting time here.

He only shot 26% from 3 last year with close to 100 attempts. OUCH that's a lot of wasted trips down the floor. He did shoot 43% from the floor but this was against the likes of Bottineu, United tribes technical college a couple times, Cankdeska a couple times, Trinity bible college, Presentation, Turtle Mountain.

Unless his D is lock down, I am not real excited even if lock down D not real excited.

I know we are bringing in Clements. Doesn't mean we can't bring in another JUCO. I was just passing on information from a very good source that NDSU is interested in Diallo Powell. He has visited campus twice in the past month and wants to be at NDSU. Doesn't mean he will be at NDSU.

Your looking at a guard rotation of: Dupree, Paul Miller, KB, and AJ. We redshirted Trey Miller (who I heard is going to be very good).
    Bringing in Kabellis (redshirt candidate) and Clements (4 years to play 3, could redshirt). I wouldn't be shocked if they take a sign another guard whether its a JUCO or high school kid.
    How tall is Powell? I also see he shot 38% from 3, 47% overall and avg close to 6 boards. But was 57% from FT.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    How tall is Powell? I also see he shot 38% from 3, 47% overall and avg close to 6 boards. But was 57% from FT.
    They list him at 6'3". Here is his highlight tape: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3303229/diallo-powell

I did see him play against McCloud from Bismarck State last year (plays at Illinois State), Woodard from NDSCS (recently verballed to Tennessee St), and Myers from Williston (who has multiple D-1 offers) this year. He held his own against the top D-1 talent at the JUCO level in ND. I think Diallo biggest strength is he is a defender and his athleticism. He is just scratching the surface offensively. He played the 4 and 5 spot in high school. First time playing guard was his freshman year.

Granted, I am not saying at all that he will end up at NDSU. I am just saying that their is mutual interest from both parties. He is from St. Paul originally.