Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2015 and Beyond

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2015 and Beyond

Harrison Niego looks like he is good off the dribble... but not sure how he would be on D looks a little big under sized.

He is listed at 6'2 as a point gaurd.... doesnt seem undersized to this guy

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    He is listed at 6'2 as a point gaurd.... doesnt seem undersized to this guy
    I agree. Appears to have great court vision, looks to pass first, has a quick release and a nice touch on his outside jumper. I like him, I think he fits our system well. Definitely doesn't appear to have the first step of an LA or Woodside have but if he can run the offense efficiently I think we've recently signed some guys that can take it to the rim so not necessarily needed. Also have to remember this kid has some time to develop some speed and size before he even sets foot on the court in a Bison uniform. With Gibson off the table I think he's definitely a guy I'd like to see sign with us.

SDSU men's basketball gets a verbal...........oh wait...........

Terry Vandrovec@TerryVandrovec · Nov 3

Des Moines Area CC combo guard Aarias Austin (6-4) said he has given a verbal to @GoJacksMBB for 2015.
    8.4 pts, 2.7 reb, 2.5 ast as frosh.

Austin originally is from Gurnee, Ill., a NW Chicago suburb. His prep highlight reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZdf4aK0H_U

Terry Vandrovec@TerryVandrovec · Nov 3

Juco combo guard @3_aarias said he also had offers from NDSU, USD, Idaho State and Dunk City. He chose SDSU because of the coaching staff.
    And then.........

Terry Vandrovec retweeted

Aarias Austin@3_aarias · 23 hrs23 hours ago

Due to certain circumstances I have decommitted from SDSU wanna thank them for the opportunity

SO we have verbals from Dylan Miller 6'9" and Deng Geu 6'9" , talk of Eliason red shirting this year. That is a lot of height in the next couple of years. Plus with Wesenberg and Trey Miller at 6'7" each, who know how much more any of these guys grow. Could be a lot of tall guys for NDSU over the next 4 years.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    SO we have verbals from Dylan Miller 6'9" and Deng Geu 6'9" , talk of Eliason red shirting this year. That is a lot of height in the next couple of years. Plus with Wesenberg and Trey Miller at 6'7" each, who know how much more any of these guys grow. Could be a lot of tall guys for NDSU over the next 4 years.
    Miller and Geu can finalize things next week...cannot happen soon enough. They are very talented, and VERY DIFFERENT. They have bigtime upside, but in totally different ways. Miller is similar to Marshall. Deng wants to redshirt and be the best to ever play. He has high goals. Really cool kid. Homecoming king after only being in that school for a year and a half. He is high major talent. Pretty excited for that ink to dry. Eliason has impressed. He is more than what we had expected. He needs a redshirt year, but that is also to allow his body to continue to develop. he is a young kid. Coaches new they needed size and they addressed the problem. Will be fun to see if they hit on these kids.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Miller and Geu can finalize things next week...cannot happen soon enough. They are very talented, and VERY DIFFERENT. They have bigtime upside, but in totally different ways. Miller is similar to Marshall. Deng wants to redshirt and be the best to ever play. He has high goals. Really cool kid. Homecoming king after only being in that school for a year and a half. He is high major talent. Pretty excited for that ink to dry. Eliason has impressed. He is more than what we had expected. He needs a redshirt year, but that is also to allow his body to continue to develop. he is a young kid. Coaches new they needed size and they addressed the problem. Will be fun to see if they hit on these kids.
    Get Scheels printing the North DUNKota State Basketball t-shirts.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Dont know much of anything on Miller, but if he is anything like Marshall thats great. Marshall was a special player for us, schools at our level don't get that kind of big very often, so thats quite the compliment to Miller. As for Deng I echo your excitement. I haven't been this excited for a recruit in awhile. Bigtime upside from just a terrific kid. Kids with his length and athletcism are so rare in our league. Did I say i was excited about him being a Bison?

Dumb question, but who all is on scholarship? And follow-up question to that, does NDSU have one open spot remaining for this upcoming year now that Miller and Geu signed?

Quote Originally Posted by herdmember View Post
    Dumb question, but who all is on scholarship? And follow-up question to that, does NDSU have one open spot remaining for this upcoming year now that Miller and Geu signed?
    We have 2 spots open right now.