Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2015 and Beyond

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2015 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I will say this about Deng Geu.....from what I am hearing, he is going to be a superstar. He may or may not redshirt. He can play now and make us better. He could use a year at the buffet and weight room, there is no question, but he is flat out a high major player. Going to be fun. Personally...from a really selfish fan perspective, I HOPE he redshirts. We are going to be so young...it would be fun to have him redshirt and grow into his body. His skill set is simply different level. We are going to have the all time deepest team we have ever had. EVER. Not even close. Not to say we will be better than last year. We lost LA. POY in conference. But, we will be deep, young and a lot of fun. The Juco kid can score, Ky, Paul and Carlin at the guard spots......need Kading to get healthy as he is a dude on defense. WIth him in there, and Dex being Dex....we are solid. AJ has made a big leap in his ability as well. He will score a ton of points in his career. I am excited about how Dave and staff are recruiting. Ky and Deng get me all sort of fired up.
    Oh man.......so excited for this year! I remember prior to the season last year you were suggesting Werner and the rest of the team would be just fine, but all I could think about was what happened in Phillips' first year coaching (not good). I didn't want to believe but was definitely proved wrong. From now, until you are wrong, I will assume you are right : )
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

This year is going to be a lot fun again. Great coaches and great players.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    This year is going to be a lot fun again. Great coaches and great players.
    Agree. Good solid core of veterans and outstanding freshman plus stud coaching staff!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Multi-sport athlete Tyler Johnson, who at one time had a 2016 basketball offer from NDSU,
    verbals to Minnesota for football.

Johnson plays quarterback for North and is a multitalented athlete who could wind up playing safety or receiver in college. A consensus three-star recruit, he also had reported offers from Iowa, Wisconsin and Iowa State. The 6-2, 180-pound Johnson also is a standout basketball player.

Rivals.com ranks Johnson as the No. 2 recruit from Minnesota, behind Eden Prairie linebacker Carter Coughlin, who committed to the Gophers this spring.
    http://www.startribune.com/minneapol...ram/331948341/

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Multi-sport athlete Tyler Johnson, who at one time had a 2016 basketball offer from NDSU,
    verbals to Minnesota for football.

http://www.startribune.com/minneapol...ram/331948341/
    Burgundy, what are you hearing about Trey, Dillon, and Spencer? Will one or two of those guys have an impact this year

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Burgundy, what are you hearing about Trey, Dillon, and Spencer? Will one or two of those guys have an impact this year
    Trey is still recovering from a knee injury from last year, getting closer but not totally back. Coaches are very pleased with Spencer had a great off-season/summer in the weight room and should be able to give us minutes and depth. Another name to add is Evan Wesenberg, really did work in the weight room as well and has now been with the program for a year. I would expect him to give us some minutes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Trey is still recovering from a knee injury from last year, getting closer but not totally back. Coaches are very pleased with Spencer had a great off-season/summer in the weight room and should be able to give us minutes and depth. Another name to add is Evan Wesenberg, really did work in the weight room as well and has now been with the program for a year. I would expect him to give us some minutes as well.

I have heard Trey could be an injury casualty, similar to Lindberg and the other player from WIsconsin we lost. No idea how strong that speculation is. Unfortunate if that's the case as he has a lot of potential and ability.

Big thing is I think is can we get Wesenberg or Miller to step up and give some impact minutes. Ideally it would be great if one of them could slide into a permanent 3rd big on this team this year that gets impact minutes. Even with the loss of LA we have some pretty intriguing types of players around the perimeter that can do a lot of different things.

Did AJ grow an inch? I'm looking at the roster and he looks every bit as tall as Trey who's listed at 6'7" and not really much shorter than Kading and Spencer who are 6'9".Looks like he may even be a fingernail taller than Dexter.

Did AJ grow an inch? I'm looking at the roster and he looks every bit as tall as Trey who's listed at 6'7" and not really much shorter than Kading and Spencer who are 6'9".Looks like he may even be a fingernail taller than Dexter.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I noticed the same thing...he has to be 6'7", also look at Wesenberg who is listed at 6'6" but came in last year at 6'7", he is shorter than AJ.

They also adjusted Kading's height to 6'9" and dropped Dylan Miller to 6'8" which looks correct from the team photo.