Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Montana @ North Dakota State

Default Re: Montana @ North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I have much respect for the Griz and was looking forward to seeing them in the playoffs last year. Last years team didn't look so hot struggling against USD and losing to Coastal Carolina. Two teams that were uterely dominated by the Bison. I'm curious if the Griz are expected to improve much over last year.
    Our offense will be the strongest part of our team this year. We have our QB Jordan Johnson returning for his senior year, strong depth at RB, and a very good Henderson at WR. Our O-Line should be tough this year. Honestly, I don't see the Bison holding the Griz to only 13 points with the weapons that the Griz have on offense.

The defense will be our question mark again this season, specifically the secondary. We saw good improvement in our secondary in 2013, which was a drastic improvement over 2012. This year with our D-coordinator having another year under his belt, this defense should fly to the ball better than last year.

I've heard good things about NDSU's next QB, Wentz. How would you say he compares to Jensen?

Physically Wentz appears to have more talent at 6'5" and a bigger arm. He has a very similar drop back style while still being a capable although not flashy scrambler, very similar to Brock. Overall I expect a very similar offense with slightly more emphasis on the medium to deep passing game.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I hope to see more passing this year also. I would love to see more balls thrown to Bonnet and just let him run over people.

Quote Originally Posted by GetEmGriz View Post
    The FCS really does need more games like this between elite FCS programs. Not many teams schedule these types of games.

2012-2013: Montana/Appalachian State
    2014-2015: Incarnate Word/North Dakota State

I absolutely wouldn't mind seeing Montana/North Dakota State play each other every year. It'd make for an insane non-conference rivalry.
    Fixed it for ya

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Physically Wentz appears to have more talent at 6'5" and a bigger arm. He has a very similar drop back style while still being a capable although not flashy scrambler, very similar to Brock. Overall I expect a very similar offense with slightly more emphasis on the medium to deep passing game.
    if theyre throwing to open receivers with no pressure...wentz probably outperforms brock.

when it comes to winning/leading a 3 year run thatll likely never be duplicated...brock is irreplaceable. He had the it factor. No way in hell is the offense this year going to be very similar to last in terms of production

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    if theyre throwing to open receivers with no pressure...wentz probably outperforms brock.

when it comes to winning/leading a 3 year run thatll likely never be duplicated...brock is irreplaceable. He had the it factor. No way in hell is the offense this year going to be very similar to last in terms of production
    I was referring to the play calling

gotcha. I agree. Wouldn't expect anything different.

I will be in Laramie for the Griz - Poke game. Probably pulling for the Griz..... Gotta support FCS! If I can scare up a couple tickets I may well head to Fargo for this one. Truly an epic game between two powerhouse programs in neighboring States! Epic!

Don't know about you guys in Montana, but today we have a winter storm warning for the mountains....... Summer is sucking so far.....

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ugh, the closer this game gets the more I wish my friend wouldn't have scheduled his wedding for this date.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    ugh, the closer this game gets the more i wish my ex-friend wouldn't have scheduled his wedding for this date. I'll miss him.
    fify.........
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)