Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Gene Taylor is Leaving NDSU

Default Re: Gene Taylor is Leaving NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Once a Bison, always a Bison. Best of luck to Gene. Much like Bohl and Phillips; I think most of us knew it was just a matter of time until someone bigger hired Gene. When you look back and look at what he has done at NDSU, it's probably something that will never be duplicated. NDSU has had the most success and national exposure in the last ten years then in any time in the history of NDSU athletics. All while transitioning from DII with all the doubters thinking NDSU would fail. His confidence and leadership allowed the coaches to have the same goals and led the players to believe it to. 57 conference championships in DI, renovations to the football offices, leading the campaign for the renovation of the BSA. Just a few of the many things Gene did. Pretty amazing stuff. With now a new AD, football coach, and men's and women's basketball coaches for the 2014-2015 school year; it's a new era for NDSU athletics. The former coaches and AD were responsible for success through and after transition. Their replacements will be responsible for carrying the torch for continued success. NDSU will continue to succeed. Bison Pride!!
    Great Post!

I think we've nailed the replacements (at least in men's BB and FB, we'll see about WBB), and I hope we've got one more in us. Replacing Gene with NDSU at the height it is right now may be one of the most important hires we've ever made.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Sent Pres B an email stating he needs to go out of his way to thank Gene and that Dorn better not be considered and probably has zero support from Team Makers and fans that I know

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by JSUBison View Post
    Would like to see his reaction if Simmers was made AD.
    Lakes should be our next AD, assisted by PL to oversee men's athletics, and MNLonghorn to oversee our ladies' sports. Lakes will, of course, be in charge of all departmental communications, especially anything involving the internet*

*he will finally be able to say stuff
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Best of luck to Gene. He built this current NDSU program and has kept it on track. What a shame to lose him to an assistant AD position. This is not good for NDSU at all.

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    Best of luck to Gene. He built this current NDSU program and has kept it on track. What a shame to lose him to an assistant AD position. This is not good for NDSU at all.
    smart man wyobison. i agree 100% , his pay will stay relatively the same.
    If this isnt a wake up call for ndsu alumni and the state of north dakota then i dont know what is.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    If this isnt a wake up call for ndsu alumni and the state of north dakota then i dont know what is.
    A wake up call for what. If we were MAC or MW we would have still lost him. You will spin anything to fit YOUR FBS agenda. It still changes nothing with conference invite, money and all the other reasons we are not FBS at the moment.

Gene did a great job while here and I am very happy he was able to hire the big 3 sports before he left. Best of luck to him and I am sure he has been in President Bresciani's ear on possible replacements.

Spot on. Especially since ndsu is losing their low pay, high reward coaches to potential conference mates while the ad goes and takes an assistant job at Iowa.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I bet he's Barta's successor. Actually, that's just a guess on my part but would make sense.

BRING BACK SNORTY

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Spot on. Especially since ndsu is losing their low pay, high reward coaches to potential conference mates while the ad goes and takes an assistant job at Iowa.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    Not to derail the thread but if we were in the Mountain West, wouldn't guys just be going to the Big 10, etc like Tim Miles?

BRING BACK SNORTY

Who is the logical successor?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt