Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reversed Coastal Carolian catch

Default Reversed Coastal Carolian catch

If I understand the rule correctly the entire foot needs to come down in bounds even if the toe hits first. The call on the field was a catch. I also think there has to be indisputable evidence to overturn a call (or is that NFL?). Watching the slow motion replay it was very close. I would not characterise anything on the replays I saw as indisputable evidence that the foot was out.

Perhaps they have angles that are not shown on the broadcast? Maybe they can zoom in more? Or do I have the rule wrong?

There is no guarantee they would have scored on the drive but I just didn't understand why this was overturned once I watched it again.

Thoughts?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Default Re: Reversed Coastal Carolian catch

The only thing I can think of is that there was no green visible between the receiver's heel and the sideline. Even so, I didn't expect them to reverse the call.
    It's OK to not be OK.

The way I understand you have to come down inbounds. Not sure if a toe, heel, or entire foot counts.

I thought it was a horrible call by the booth. There was nothing conclusive about it. We got lucky. It was nice to be on the other side of some of those calls for once.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

i was also thinking. maybe they had a camera angle that showed the receiver dropping the ball after he hit the wall. maybe he didn't have possession of the ball all the way through the catch. just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by rosh View Post
    i was also thinking. maybe they had a camera angle that showed the receiver dropping the ball after he hit the wall. maybe he didn't have possession of the ball all the way through the catch. just a thought.
    The announcement was that the heel was out of bounds. Nothing about possession.

I saw nothing in the replay that would overturn either a completed catch call or an out of bounds call. I think we got a gift but I'll take it.

I think we got an early Christmas gift on that reversal.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We definitely got a good break there. I'll take it.

Mapp had a bad push off on CJ on one of the long 3rd down bombs which lead to a TD. Should have been offensive PI. Also, CJ got called for PI, which the announcers did not agree with, which lead to a score. We caught a break on the reversed call but CC caught a huge break on those plays yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Mapp had a bad push off on CJ on one of the long 3rd down bombs which lead to a TD. Should have been offensive PI. Also, CJ got called for PI, which the announcers did not agree with, which lead to a score. We caught a break on the reversed call but CC caught a huge break on those plays yesterday.
    I remember those plays and don't really disagree. The PI calls are so difficult. Everytime one is questioned we seem to get a very technical explanation of why it was called the way that it was, BUT if we applied those explanations to many other non-calls we can see there could be many more fouls called. I think that's what so frustrating. It does seem like the offense gets away with a lot more in the pushoff realm. You could see the players separate after he pushed off and then he caught the ball. It's hard for me to imagine our CB getting away with that last week.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!