Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/20/2014 Montana Grizzlies @ 3X FCS NC NDSU Bison in the FargoDome

Default Re: 9/20/2014 Montana Grizzlies @ 3X FCS NC NDSU Bison in the FargoDome

Never too early to start talking about this game. This is the first time since Sam Houston in 2008 that a quality non-conference FCS opponent has come to Fargo. And they havn't bought out yet so the game is happening. There should be a lot of hype for this game. I think a lot of Montana fans still remember the fake FG and "wide right" in Missoula back in 2003. That pill might be easier to swallow since we have proven we are a quality (no shit) DI football team since. Now, they have a new reason to hate us now. We have won 3 championships in DI while they have won 2. And we did it in only 6 years. I don't think we have a reason to hate them. They are a historically powerhouse FCS program with a huge passionate fanbase. They are a lot like us. Plus, we have something in commen now with our hatred for the Bobcats! It should be a great game. Having seen the crowds at the Alerus the past 2 years, they obviously travel well. The tailgate lot will be fun.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    One game at a time, focus is on Iowa State right now.
    Wish I knew how to make an emoticon making a wanking motion. If focus on Bisonville or among the fans in general mattered I hope it goes without saying that we would not be cheering for the 3-time reigning champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Never too early to start talking about this game. This is the first time since Sam Houston in 2008 that a quality non-conference FCS opponent has come to Fargo. And they havn't bought out yet so the game is happening. There should be a lot of hype for this game. I think a lot of Montana fans still remember the fake FG and "wide right" in Missoula back in 2003. That pill might be easier to swallow since we have proven we are a quality (no shit) DI football team since. Now, they have a new reason to hate us now. We have won 3 championships in DI while they have won 2. And we did it in only 6 years. I don't think we have a reason to hate them. They are a historically powerhouse FCS program with a huge passionate fanbase. They are a lot like us. Plus, we have something in commen now with our hatred for the Bobcats! It should be a great game. Having seen the crowds at the Alerus the past 2 years, they obviously travel well. The tailgate lot will be fun.
    This ^^
    It will be awesome. 2 of the best fan bases in the nation. Should be a blast

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Yep, Already need more tickets than I know I can get for this game. Father and mother in law & brother in Law and wife all griz alum.....Wife and I Bison Alum. The going gimmick is to be the nephews SU/griz gear. Good times!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    This ^^
    It will be awesome. 2 of the best fan bases in the nation. Should be a blast
    I wish more teams in the FCS had the level of fan support that the Griz and the Bison enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I wish more teams in the FCS had the level of fan support that the Griz and the Bison enjoy.
    Fire up El_Chapo and Longhorn in 3, 2, 1........

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Never going to happen.........time to move to FBS.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Fire up El_Chapo and Longhorn in 3, 2, 1........
    Haha. The perks for being at this level of football are few, if any, from a fans standpoint.

Did you see towsons fans at their first ever natty? Imagine it it was new Hampshire vs them. It's pretty small time if one school buys every ticket available because they know they'll make it.

Montana's probably one of about 4 or 5 that get it...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Never going to happen.........time to move to FBS.
    Yep. Hope gene and Dean showcased the product to potential conferences this off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Did you see towsons fans at their first ever natty? Imagine it it was new Hampshire vs them.
    Guesses on what the attendance would have been???

3000?