Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Should the Bison Remain #1?

Default Re: Should the Bison Remain #1?

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    and this team has a nicer nucleus of seniors and absolutely has more veterans. the only players that are going to play big snaps next year that haven't already contributed in a big way are the guys who win the open O-line jobs (kinda, cause Plankers and Hinz have contributed) and the interior D-line. Every one else has been a significant contributor. The 2011 team started freshman Dudzik at right corner, started freshman Colten Heagle, played Ryan Smith a ton in his first year at WR, played Carlton Littlejohn and Travis Beck as freshmen and gave Leevon Perry and Ryan Drevlow tons of snaps. Children, I tell you children!

Gebhart, Colvin, Thorton, Keller, Heagle, Crockett, Dudzik, Littlejohn, Beck, Emanuel, Hinz, Vraa, Vaadeland, Hardie
    >
    Voigtlander, Jastram, Preston, Willson, DJ, ARich, Cornick, Holloway, Veldman and Boyer, Eaves, Pike, Stoczynski, Jemison, Ollman, Lund
    FYP. ten char

So you are saying the cupboard isn't bare

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFan_Sav View Post
    I get that but people seemed pissed when people don't give ndsu #1 etc who the hell cares? Makes no sense to argue or get mad at someone's opinion if they don't rank us #1. Like you said just because we won doesn't mean we should be #1.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    valid point, but who the hell cares about what someone else thinks about a poll. Its a vicious circle

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    FYP. ten char
    I apologize on Eaves, but Ollman and Lund didn't graduate after that season and Jemison didn't finish out his career. Pike and Stoczynski were part time players. I didn't include Myles Brooks, Zac Johnson, Adam Schueller or Nate Moody in my original post who are part time players. Even if you're going to incorrectly edit my post the point remains the same. The 2014 team has just as much and probably more quality seniors on the team than the first team that won a title and is certainly more experienced as a whole.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

I apologize on Eaves, but Ollman and Lund didn't graduate after that season and Jemison didn't finish out his career. Pike and Stoczynski were part time players. I didn't include Myles Brooks, Zac Johnson, Adam Schueller or Nate Moody in my original post who are part time players. Even if you're going to incorrectly edit my post the point remains the same. The 2014 team has just as much and probably more quality seniors on the team than the first team that won a title and is certainly more experienced as a whole.
    I was referring to veterans who contributed quite a bit. Juniors can be veteran playes. Ollman and Lund were juniors and played quite a bit. Same with Pike and Scott. Them being part time doesn't change the fact. Comparing them to Myles Broos, Adam Schueller, and Moody, ISNT the same. Also Jemison finished out that season

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I was referring to veterans who contributed quite a bit. Juniors can be veteran playes. Ollman and Lund were juniors and played quite a bit. Same with Pike and Scott. Them being part time doesn't change the fact. Comparing them to Myles Broos, Adam Schueller, and Moody, ISNT the same. Also Jemison finished out that season
    Then you can add Zack Johnson, Joe Haeg, Bonnet, CJ Smith, Champion and Schaetz to this year's group of "veterans". The point I made is that we are in the exact same spot if not a better spot than we were that seasons and everyone nationally is overreacting to that number of 24 seniors and Bohl.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Then you can add Zack Johnson, Joe Haeg, Bonnet, CJ Smith, Champion and Schaetz to this year's group of "veterans". The point I made is that we are in the exact same spot if not a better spot than we were that seasons and everyone nationally is overreacting to that number of 24 seniors and Bohl.
    very true.