Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RB Anthony Ware Jr Signs with NDSU

Default Re: RB Anthony Ware Jr Signs with NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Why are we surprised? The retention rates of peripheral states like FL, TX, AZ, NC, CA, etc are so pathetically low that the occasional and very rare nugget cannot possibly off set the expense. Most of them are gone from my mind before they step on campus. Harsh, I know, but they are rarely worth the time you all discuss or the precious seconds I wasted writing this.
    We really wish you had saved those precious seconds and NOT posted it. Thank you, do not come again.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Why are we surprised? The retention rates of peripheral states like FL, TX, AZ, NC, CA, etc are so pathetically low that the occasional and very rare nugget cannot possibly off set the expense. Most of them are gone from my mind before they step on campus. Harsh, I know, but they are rarely worth the time you all discuss or the precious seconds I wasted writing this.
    DJ McNorton and Warren Holloway would like to have a word with you
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Late commits from along ways away always seem to leave if they don't see the field. In Wares situation, with Morlock and Frazier having 2 more years and Dunn having 4 as well as brining in 2 high profile backs in Anderson and Purifoy, he see a chance of playing as small I assume.

Distance is an issue. Distance and committing late is even worse since they were obviously not sold.

Kids don't come from Florida to ride the bench. So if you recruit a Florida kid, you better be sure he will see the field like Board and Dempsey.

I think it's OK to lose a player after 1 year. It's the guys who leave after 3 that are a complete waste like Dee Gray

You get a kid from the upper midwest and they will be more likely to stay, even if they only play a year. That builds amazing depth

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    DJ McNorton and Warren Holloway would like to have a word with you
    Jordan Champion is a hell of a baller for the Bison as well.

I'd guess that the perception of low retention rates from those states is skewed. So few player come from those areas as opposed to the midwest that when one or two leave the program it seems like they all do, but I bet as a percentage it's probably much closer than you'd think. Plus these kids are asked to live a long way from family and friends so I'd be inclined to cut them some slack.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post

I'd guess that the perception of low retention rates from those states is skewed. So few player come from those areas as opposed to the midwest that when one or two leave the program it seems like they all do, but I bet as a percentage it's probably much closer than you'd think. Plus these kids are asked to live a long way from family and friends so I'd be inclined to cut them some slack.
    Props to RB/WR senior Darius Anderson who took his chances transferring from vcsu, trying out for the bison, making the team, and sticking out his four years with a championship team being the only one from Hawaii to do so...shows good character imho

Quote Originally Posted by daHERDfollower View Post
    Props to RB/WR senior Darius Anderson who took his chances transferring from vcsu, trying out for the bison, making the team, and sticking out his four years with a championship team being the only one from Hawaii to do so...shows good character imho
    I hear ya but it's Valley City state. Going from Valley City to NDSU is like going from Grand Forks to Vegas.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I hear ya but it's Valley City state. Going from Valley City to NDSU is like going from Grand Forks to Vegas.
    So what if it's VCSU?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    This. Kid's a goddamn Champion.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    So what if it's VCSU?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The poster implied it's really noble thing to tranfer to a great D1 program from VCSU. Kid got a great education and got to contribute to several national championship teams and he could make an impact on this year's team. I do admire how he busted ass even on the practice squad. That makes a big impact

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The poster implied it's really noble thing to tranfer to a great D1 program from VCSU. Kid got a great education and got to contribute to several national championship teams and he could make an impact on this year's team. I do admire how he busted ass even on the practice squad. That makes a big impact
    I was implying that he is the only one from Hawaii to stick out four years with the Bison in Fargo....It had nothing to do with him transferring from vcsu to a D1 program....there was talk about players from AZ, FL, CA, etc leaving the program being so far away from family and friends....I was giving Anderson credit for still being a Bison even though his home is 4000 miles away