Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Wrestling recruits

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Cameron Sykora

Seems like in Wrestling, NDSU should take the opportunity to move up in conferences in the next few years from the WWC. Go to the MAC ala UNI. Wouldn't consistent top 25 ranking afford this opportunity? IMO, we should not show loyalty to the WWC if there are other optoins, did UNI? Yes, loyalty to SDSU, NC, and Wyoming individually, but not to the WWC.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Seems like in Wrestling, NDSU should take the opportunity to move up in conferences in the next few years from the WWC. Go to the MAC ala UNI. Wouldn't consistent top 25 ranking afford this opportunity? IMO, we should not show loyalty to the WWC if there are other optoins, did UNI? Yes, loyalty to SDSU, NC, and Wyoming individually, but not to the WWC.
    They should all join the Big 12 as they only have 4 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    They should all join the Big 12 as they only have 4 teams.
    that is what I was going to say. Screw the MAC. Its Big 12 or stay WWC for this wrestling program!

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yes, going Big XII would seem like the best option. What's preventing this from happening? NDSU all or nothing on full conference membership? (just kidding)

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Yes, going Big XII would seem like the best option. What's preventing this from happening? NDSU all or nothing on full conference membership? (just kidding)
    GT: "Hello big 12 commissioner. We want to upgrade your wrestling membership, but I am sorry to say our price is not small. We want membership for all sports; take it or leave it."

Do it Gene!

Much like the future of BCS/FBS/FCS divisions in football is a bit unclear right now, so is Division I wrestling conferences. Which is why I'm guessing that Gene doesn't waste time pursuing other conferences instead of staying in the WWC.

The rumor over the past few years is that Division I wrestling conferences are going to be regionalize much like Division II did over a decade ago. The biggest roadblock right now is obviously what to do with the powerhouse conference that the BIG10 is in wrestling. From what I could glean from conversations with coaches and friends is that the BIG10 would remain intact as its own region, while there would be three other regions. I'm guessing one for East, West and South. The East and South regions would split teams from the ACC, EIWA, EWL, MAC and SoCon conferences. The West would of course consist of the WWC, Big XII and Pac12. This would give the West region a total of 16 teams: Air Force, Arizona State, Boise State, Cal Poly, CSU-Bakersfield, Iowa State, North Dakota State, Northern Colorado, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oregon State, South Dakota State, Stanford, Utah Valley, West Virginia and Wyoming. Depending on how the East and South regions are split, the West could become the 2nd best region behind whatever region the BIG10 is called.

Unlike the Division II regions where only the top-four qualify, I'm sure qualifiers from each region will be determined pretty much the same way conferences are right now (combination of RPI, coaches' rankings and Division I winning percentage).

Maybe better to switch the title of this to 2015 Recruits

Skyora was a big get but this one is bigger as far as rankings as Andrew Fogarty who is ranked by intermat as the 36th best wrestling prospect for 2015 class has verballed to NDSU

http://www.intermatwrestle.com/recruiting/commitments

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post

Skyora was a big get but this one is bigger as far as rankings as Andrew Fogarty who is ranked by intermat as the 36th best wrestling prospect for 2015 class has verballed to NDSU

Good get for the Bison. Nice to get some of them considering there are only 79 D1 programs.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Jordan Shearer from West Fargo has received an offer from NDSU. He also had a meeting with Luke Becker, assistant coach from the U of M, on Wednesday but no offer was made at that point. Jordan gets 5 official visits and I'll let y'all know where he visits.
    Fogarty is a good one. I saw him wrestle Ryan Blees and had him pinned (my opinion) at one point during their match. Ryan ended up winning but thought Andrew looked really good in that match.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post

Just checked online and noticed that Fogarty lost 7-6 to West Fargo wrestler Weston Dobler in the consolation round of the USAW Freestyle National tourney at the FFD. Not sure if he still has a chance for AA, but I'll keep y'all updated.
    Jordan just lost to a kid from Oklahoma, and will be wrestling again shortly.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1