Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: scheels arena 2014 & 2015

Default Re: scheels arena 2014 & 2015

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Not very fun to play on the complete opposite side of town as campus. Student attendance will be way down.
    Student attendance will take a big hit, me thinks. Should be able to get south siders though.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Finally. Glad they can just announce this and we can stop worrying about cracks in the floor there. Tailgating a basketball game? Not going to happen. Yes, Bison fans have tailgated in the cold in December but January/February is a whole other animal. That, and they would never allow it. The west lot gets permission, Scheels Arena won't pay security to be out there so 10 people can frink a beer before the game. If they sell beer will be interesting to see what they decide. Part of me thinks they should since it is not on campus. The other part of me thinks that will open up a can of worms for allowing it on campus in the FD or in the new arena. Doubt NDSU wants to deal with that. Who cares if you can't drink in the lot or at the game. Come to cheer Bison bball. That should be enough.
    I think ndsu / teammakers pays for security at the dome so it it would be the same at Scheels arena. Besides most people would be in a camper or tent anyways just like a playoff game. I'm telling ya Bison fans would show up as crazy as it sounds. (And it does sound crazy) Maybe not for middle of the week game's but weekends could work. Hell yeah. There has to be a first for everything. People thought the strobe light app was weird too. Gotta try

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Student attendance will take a big hit, me thinks. Should be able to get south siders though.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk
    This will be the straw that breaks the camels back so I can finally get season tickets. We live straight west of the Scheels Arena just a few miles, so it's an easy trip for us. Will definitely be taking in the next two seasons and future years after that thanks to this move. God bless you GT and NDSU for making this happen!
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Per Kolpack, no alcohol at Scheels Arena for BB games.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Per Kolpack, no alcohol at Scheels Arena for BB games.
    I hope hes wrong because this is grade a BULL! its off campus, WAY off campus.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    probably. i think they will have free shuttles at least though
    Free shuttles for sure. Really need a monorail.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I hope hes wrong because this is grade a BULL! its off campus, WAY off campus.
    He mentioned on Twitter that it follows university policy.

Jeff Kolpack
    @FGOSPORTSWRITER
    10m

Scheels Arena will not be selling alcohol during Bison bb games next year; NDSU could but staying consistent with university policy.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

why cant they just experiment for a season?

^^^^^This is a good idea^^^^^
    This Post is copyrighted by Bisonville for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this Post, or of any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the Post without Bisonville's express written consent, is prohibited.

Because if they open the taps, everyone will expect it at the shac and dome. That's why I suggested a small tailgating setup. That would be consistent. Who knows a cool tradition could start. Maybe a few tents and RVs. Over time it will grow. With less students the crowd could be stale. People expect beer in the building

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com