Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bryan Shepherd Signs With Redskins

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bryan Shepherd Signs With Redskins

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    I haven't heard anything really since his signing, but for some reason my gut really thinks Shepherd will make the team/practice squad. His speed and tackling really makes me think he may have as good or better chance to make an NFL team than any of the Bison prospects (except Turner of course).
    I am with you. He has the speed, he just needs a NFL type physique . I think its just a matter of time before he starts flying on all cylinders. Boy needs some time. I think he will make it.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

I haven't heard anything really since his signing, but for some reason my gut really thinks Shepherd will make the team/practice squad. His speed and tackling really makes me think he may have as good or better chance to make an NFL team than any of the Bison prospects (except Turner of course).
    I couldn't have imagined how good Shep would have been had he now lost a year at UNO and would be playing next year He was possibly the fastest guy on the team. Able to play cornerback yet hits like a safety. Between Dudzik, Shep, Marcus, and Andre Martin, we had a secondary that is fast as hell at any level. Blows me away we were able to recruit and develop guys of that Caliber. Every one got/get or will get a shot at the nfl. And that doesn't even include Heagle who is your traditional strong safety who crushes people

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I couldn't have imagined how good Shep would have been had he now lost a year at UNO and would be playing next year He was possibly the fastest guy on the team. Able to play cornerback yet hits like a safety. Between Dudzik, Shep, Marcus, and Andre Martin, we had a secondary that is fast as hell at any level. Blows me away we were able to recruit and develop guys of that Caliber. Every one got/get or will get a shot at the nfl. And that doesn't even include Heagle who is your traditional strong safety who crushes people
    Don't forget Heagle played with one arm a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We should get a high caliber player. We are The North Dakota State University Bison.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

http://www.redskins.com/media-galler...e-762c9f41c327

DB's doing some drills with Bryan (37) in the mix.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ignings/page/8

Not sure this analysis makes much sense - author have him confused with Marcus?

"Sticking with the special teams theme, the Redskins took a punt on ex-North Dakota State cornerback Bryan Shepherd, who can also return kicks. His college Twitter account declared Shepherd will join the team.

Adding a potential playmaker in the return game is no bad thing for a team that has been weak in that area for too long. It also doesn't hurt that Shepherd could provide depth in a cornerback rotation in need of extra bodies and fresh talent.

Grade: B"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ignings/page/8

Not sure this analysis makes much sense - author have him confused with Marcus?

"Sticking with the special teams theme, the Redskins took a punt on ex-North Dakota State cornerback Bryan Shepherd, who can also return kicks. His college Twitter account declared Shepherd will join the team.

Adding a potential playmaker in the return game is no bad thing for a team that has been weak in that area for too long. It also doesn't hurt that Shepherd could provide depth in a cornerback rotation in need of extra bodies and fresh talent.

Grade: B"
    Shep can return kicks for sure, he just never got the chance at NDSU behind Marcus, Dudzik and Smith

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Shep can return kicks for sure, he just never got the chance at NDSU behind Marcus, Dudzik and Smith
    he is the fastest cat on the redskins roster and with his physic he can easily contribute as a CB.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Sweet pic of Shepherd catching a ball at camp yesterday.

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/...akes/13194123/

Bryan Shepherd — A 5-10, 180-pound rookie out of North Dakota State, Shepherd would likely be in the mix for a special teams or practice squad job.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Good article about Shepard's teammate Andre Roberts.

The easy way has no appeal to Andre Roberts. He chose to attend The Citadel and play football.
    The Citadel is “The Military College of South Carolina.”
    You don’t go there for the parties or the football.
    Middle Tennessee State University, which plays major college football, and Coastal Carolina, which, like The Citadel, plays a level below the FBS schools, offered Roberts scholarships.
    They came with no military environment attached.
    Instead, Roberts chose The Citadel.
    “Both my parents were in the military, and I wouldn’t take it back for the world,” Roberts said of attending and graduating from The Citadel.
    Roberts wanted a degree, and he got one in accounting.
    “Football isn’t forever,” he said. “I understood that.”
    He wanted to play pro football, and he earned that opportunity as well.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/redskin...a4bcf6878.html
    Governments rest on the consent of the governed, and it is the right of the people to alter or abolish them whenever they become destructive of the ends for which they were established.

-- President Jefferson Davis