Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy Turner, NFL career

Default Re: Congrats to Billy Turner, 3rd round Miami

Billy Turner was on The Insiders today on Bison 1660. Good stuff.
    https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...roncos-3-22-18

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Ran across this post on a forum I frequent.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/...omment=2877826

Looks to be a legit Billy Turner practice jersey found in a thrift store in BC Canada.

some praise for Billy - https://theathletic.com/454662/2018/...training-camp/

i'm not a subscriber so i can't get to all of the piece

Quote Originally Posted by coloradobison View Post
    some praise for Billy - https://theathletic.com/454662/2018/...training-camp/

i'm not a subscriber so i can't get to all of the piece
    I expect him to play a lot, especially with Jared Veldheer's reputation of being hurt often. Billy did well last year too, but kind of only gets remembered for the back to back plays against the Giants when he held JPP and then gave up a sack to him. What is forgotten is that during those plays, I think, he broke his hand.

Looking forward to seeing him, and hopefully C.J. Smith, in Broncos uniforms. It's going to be a fun year being Broncos fan after two miserable ones with finally having an effective offense. After listening to 104.3 TheFan everyday, it sounds like the offense is beating the heck out of the defense. Humorously, the phrase that keeps getting mention during Broncos Preseason Practice is "GATA."
    Hail the BISON!!!

Well...Denver's defense is pretty depleted vs what it was 5 years ago.

I dont know if they have a star at all in the back 7 once you get past von and chubb(unproven rookie)

Chris harris... maybe? Or did he move on

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Well...Denver's defense is pretty depleted vs what it was 5 years ago.
    In the secondary, a bit yes. The front seven, maybe not so much. The rotation of Outside LBs alone is ridiculous with Von Miller, Bradley Chubb, Shane Ray and Shaq Barrett (provided CSU one of its few highlights against NDSU when he sacked Brock). Also, keep an eye on Jeff Holland to make the rotation stronger.

For the DL, you have Derek Wolfe, Domata Peko, Clinton McDonald and DeMarcus Walker (finally back at his natural spot). Adam Gotsis is also "currently" available, but I'm hoping he's off the team due to the rape charges he is facing from his time at Georgia Tech.

The middle linebackers are younger, but still better than what we've had the past few season, especially with additions of Josey Jewell and Su'a Cravens (yes he's a SS, but he'll be dropping down in the LB position quite a bit).

The reason for the offense going "GATA" on the defense has less to do with the defense being "depleted," but rather because of the additions to the team. Since the early part of the 2014 season, the Broncos finally have a QB that can throw the ball to where he actually wants to efficiently and have an OC that is designing the game plan to fit the strengths of the players. Add in stud WRs Courtland Sutton and DaeSean Hamilton and TEs Jake Butt and Troy Fumagalli to the receiving corp of Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders, and Keenum has some nice weapons to work with. The RB corp is still up in the air, but the three rookies (Royce Freeman, David Williams and Lindsay Phillip) they brought in are going to be a much improved backfield from last year.

We'll see how these guys look in nine days.
    Hail the BISON!!!

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    "Did not perform particularly well?" What games was Klis watching? No, Billy wasn't an All-Pro by any means, but he was pretty consistent at doing his job, regardless of which spot he filled. Will be glad to see him back in the Orange and Blue, especially with Munchak coaching the O-Line.
    Hail the BISON!!!

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not the Browns! Noooooooo....
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

Free Agency Season

https://www.9news.com/mobile/article...e-2092ec8ad422

Billy Turner

The Broncos continue to talk with the agent of the versatile offensive lineman with hopes of signing Turner back before he hits free agency.

Problem is, other teams are quietly interested. There is a belief Arizona and Minnesota could be among those who express interest in Turner......

......Minnesota recently hired Gary Kubiak and Klint Kubiak to run the Vikings’ offense after they worked the past year in Denver.
    Daily Norseman article on this:

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/2...denver-broncos