Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy Turner, NFL career

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Congrats to Billy Turner, 3rd round Miami

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Billy will be starting at RG tomorrow in the scrimmage against San Francisco. Also starting tomorrow at Center will be Fargo-native, Connor McGovern.

http://www.espn.com/blog/denver-bron...sition-battles

I think this is great sign that Billy has a good chance of making the squad.
    Sweet for both!

To say Miami's OL situation was a mess when Turner came into it would be an understatement. Routing for him to re-establish at a new team.

He has been with the #1 OL for much of camp because the presumed started at RG, Leary has been dinged up and they have been holding him out. I've heard nothing but good things about how he has done in camp thus far, including how he looked in person to me last weekend (through my green and gold glasses). I'd say he has a decent chance of making this team.

I think McGovern is all but a lock to make the team at this point. He has taken almost every single first team snap at center while Paradis is recovering.

Quote Originally Posted by coloradobison View Post
    He has been with the #1 OL for much of camp because the presumed started at RG, Leary has been dinged up and they have been holding him out. I've heard nothing but good things about how he has done in camp thus far, including how he looked in person to me last weekend (through my green and gold glasses). I'd say he has a decent chance of making this team.

I think McGovern is all but a lock to make the team at this point. He has taken almost every single first team snap at center while Paradis is recovering.
    Both are listed as the #2 in their respective spots on the first depth chart coming out today. (http://www.denverpost.com/2017/08/07...n-depth-chart/)

On a side note, some of the radio personalities believe that the Broncos should not play De’Angelo Henderson (from Coastal Carolina) so they can "hide" him and keep him on their practice squad.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Both are listed as the #2 in their respective spots on the first depth chart coming out today. (http://www.denverpost.com/2017/08/07...n-depth-chart/)

On a side note, some of the radio personalities believe that the Broncos should not play De’Angelo Henderson (from Coastal Carolina) so they can "hide" him and keep him on their practice squad.
    They will have an interesting decision of what to do at RB with what Ridley showed in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by coloradobison View Post
    They will have an interesting decision of what to do at RB with what Ridley showed in practice.
    Ridley looked decent tonight. Henderson was either all or nothing.

In regards to Billy, he looked pretty darn good tonight, especially on pass protection.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Ridley looked decent tonight. Henderson was either all or nothing.

In regards to Billy, he looked pretty darn good tonight, especially on pass protection.
    I thought Billy was solid. I think they need to move Leary to LG and try Billy at RG with the #1. Garcia just isnt getting it done.

Billy playing today vs the Giants. Did not start out good. Gave up a sack on a bull rush, then next play he moves early. Since then he has looked serviceable

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    Billy playing today vs the Giants. Did not start out good. Gave up a sack on a bull rush, then next play he moves early. Since then he has looked serviceable
    That JPP is pretty good. He got to Billy a few times, but Billy also held his ground more often than not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!