Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy Turner, NFL career

Default Re: Billy Turner, NFL career

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    It makes you wonder how many NFL careers got derailed because the team wasn't a good match for the player and some may not get a 2nd or 3rd chance with other teams.
    Happens every year multiple times.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    It makes you wonder how many NFL careers got derailed because the team wasn't a good match for the player and some may not get a 2nd or 3rd chance with other teams.
    I've often wondered this same thing with Ryan Leaf & Peyton Manning if the Colts drafted Leaf #1 instead of Manning. I think Peyton would've been a HOF'er regardless of where he ended up, or at the very least have a productive career. And how different would've Leaf's career had looked in a different environment, with different coaches and team veterans handling his bouts of immaturity.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    I've often wondered this same thing with Ryan Leaf & Peyton Manning if the Colts drafted Leaf #1 instead of Manning. I think Peyton would've been a HOF'er regardless of where he ended up, or at the very least have a productive career. And how different would've Leaf's career had looked in a different environment, with different coaches and team veterans handling his bouts of immaturity.
    That was the big debate here at the time. Many people thought Peyton was soft and couldn't win the big games. Bill Polian guessed right. The next year. He has the same genius move the next year taking Edgerrin James over Ricky Williams. People were pissed because Williams was a stud and nobody knew James. In 2001 Reggie Wayne was the 6th WR selected in the 1st round. They already had Marvin Harrison.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Timing is a huge factor with a little bit of luck on many careers. Same can be said for musicians she actors. Hard work and opportunity meet to create that luck as well.

Aren't they called actresses?
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    That was the big debate here at the time. Many people thought Peyton was soft and couldn't win the big games. Bill Polian guessed right. The next year. He has the same genius move the next year taking Edgerrin James over Ricky Williams. People were pissed because Williams was a stud and nobody knew James. In 2001 Reggie Wayne was the 6th WR selected in the 1st round. They already had Marvin Harrison.

What do you mean no one knew whos James was? He is considered one of the greatest backs at the U of Miami which has had some good ones. He was fantastic for the U. Ricky was known only for running and when you have a good QB GMs may look more highly even back then on a back that can run and catch.

Leaf was trouble even at WSU. Yes he had serious potential but looking at his background would have shown some concerns sort of like a Randy Moss type.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    What do you mean no one knew whos James was? He is considered one of the greatest backs at the U of Miami which has had some good ones. He was fantastic for the U. Ricky was known only for running and when you have a good QB GMs may look more highly even back then on a back that can run and catch.

Leaf was trouble even at WSU. Yes he had serious potential but looking at his background would have shown some concerns sort of like a Randy Moss type.
    There are a lot of players that are awesome at their schools but less known nationally. When they drafted him I had never heard of him. Williams was obviously much more known in the media and Saints have away their entire draft to get him. I'm sure the scouts and GMs were week aware of him but he was nowhere near as known as others in three top of that draft.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Im not a Packer fan but am so Happy for Billy Turner to be in the NFL. I will never forget his blocking in the NDSU vs Kstate game!!! He has a shot at HOF in the NFL IMO!!!
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    Im not a Packer fan but am so Happy for Billy Turner to be in the NFL. I will never forget his blocking in the NDSU vs Kstate game!!! He has a shot at HOF in the NFL IMO!!!
    Like Billy Turner a lot, but how bout we start with a pro bowl 1st?

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    Like Billy Turner a lot, but how bout we start with a pro bowl 1st?
    Anyone can make the probowl....Go right to HOF Billy.....
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Congrats to Billy Turner, 3rd round Miami

I see on the espn gamecast that it says he got injured. Does it look bad?
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.