Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: un_

Default Re: un_

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    I shouldn't be, but I'm continually amazed at how unprofessional their athletic department staff is and how few of their fans seem to realize it. Not just in the childish way they sometimes react to things, but just the overall amateurish manner they go about certain things. And then I look at their fundraising departments and wish we had an overall group that was half as professional as theirs. Just a weird dichotomy.
    Do you mean fundraising efforts with alumni and public. Or their successful fundraising with legislators?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Do you mean fundraising efforts with alumni and public. Or their successful fundraising with legislators?
    Hadn't considered the second. I'm envious of the money they get from the state, but it's their foundation that I was thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post

Spot on. It's disgusting how much more legislative funding heads to GF than Fargo. Perhaps it's because their local reps push for it with both hands as they know the city of el forko is significantly dependent on that kind of funding pouring in. Fargo legislators, as a whole, can't be bothered with such things. NDSU will continue to do more with less.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    NDSU will continue to do more with less.
    So why does the bitching continue?
    Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

Spot on. It's disgusting how much more legislative funding heads to GF than Fargo. Perhaps it's because their local reps push for it with both hands as they know the city of el forko is significantly dependent on that kind of funding pouring in. Fargo legislators, as a whole, can't be bothered with such things. NDSU will continue to do more with less.
    I'd love to see how much it costs to educate an MD at UND. I'm betting it's well into six figures. $50M/year to their med school. $120M to construct the new building. They graduate a few dozen MDs a year.

A separate question: Does anyone know if student tuition is counted in the general fund allocation? I always thought it was separate. A school would take the general fund money from the state, add it to whatever tuition and other revenue they could generate, and that would be the total amount at the school's disposal. But looking into Louisiana's situation in the other thread got me to wondering. In LA, tuition money is counted as part of the general fund allocation. And I thought I saw something this ND legislative session that suggested ND was going the same route. Not really the appropriate thread, but drift is a BV tradition.

Their local reps actually you know care about their local districts, too many people in Fargo vote for the letter next to a person's name and not the actual person who will represent them.

Our reps are more concerned about giving big oil a handout then helping out NDSU, you know the oil industry is a crucial piece of Fargo's economy.....
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Answer Guy View Post
    So why does the bitching continue?

Because it shouldn't be that way by any objective measure. Fortunately for UND, ROI and performance are not factors in the funding formula.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.