Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good start - Outdoor season 2014

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Good start - Outdoor season 2014

Right when you think these ladies can't run much faster, they do! Very impressive!

Wow!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
    The wind was 4.7 meters per second and the limit is 4.0. So not overly strong but still too much.
    I might be wrong, but I thought the legal limit (for records purposes) was 2.0 meters per second. (or 2 something else, 2mph?)

Regardless, 22.83 is damn fast 200. I wonder if this is a statement of physical ability and improvement, or 'Nette' toughening up significantly mentally and believing in herself..

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    I might be wrong, but I thought the legal limit (for records purposes) was 2.0 meters per second. (or 2 something else, 2mph?)

Regardless, 22.83 is damn fast 200. I wonder if this is a statement of physical ability and improvement, or 'Nette' toughening up significantly mentally and believing in herself..
    It is 4.0 per Ryun.

She very talented but she has also developed tons of confidence over the years.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

It is 4.0 per Ryun.
    Just checked on track resources on the Internet ... the official limit is 2.0 meters/second. Found this on multiple sources,
    and it is what I have heard for many years in following T & F. Not sure where Ryun got 4.0 from.

Just checked on track resources on the Internet ... the official limit is 2.0 meters/second. Found this on multiple sources,
    and it is what I have heard for many years in following T & F. Not sure where Ryun got 4.0 from.
    2.0 is for records. 4.0 is for qualifying. Check the performance list and you will see that Goodman's 11.36 is on the list and her 22.83 is not. You are quite arrogant for questioning a coach on his own profession.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

2.0 is for records. 4.0 is for qualifying. Check the performance list and you will see that Goodman's 11.36 is on the list and her 22.83 is not. You are quite arrogant for questioning a coach on his own profession.
    Rider posted 2.0 for records! No need for name calling, I saw no arrogance there!

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Rider posted 2.0 for records! No need for name calling, I saw no arrogance there!
    His post implied that 2.0 was for both. Otherwise he would have clarified.

His post implied that 2.0 was for both. Otherwise he would have clarified.
    CastorTroy, how about you take a look at your 10 May post from 3:09. You responded to my post (and quoted it) where I said, "I thought the legal limit (for records purposes) was 2.0 meters per second." Your response was "It is 4.0 per Ryun." So, 'it' in your response means 'for records purposes.'

And to that (for records purposes) I responded "the official limit is 2.0 meters/second."
    (I then basically asked where Ryun got 4.0 from, which you answered (thank you) - that 4.0 is for qualifying).

Nowhere in this string was I implying "that 2.0 was for both" records and qualifying as you state.

How about we call this a misunderstanding. I also agree with semobison, there is no need for name calling.

CastorTroy, how about you take a look at your 10 May post from 3:09. You responded to my post (and quoted it) where I said, "I thought the legal limit (for records purposes) was 2.0 meters per second." Your response was "It is 4.0 per Ryun." So, 'it' in your response means 'for records purposes.'

And to that (for records purposes) I responded "the official limit is 2.0 meters/second."
    (I then basically asked where Ryun got 4.0 from, which you answered (thank you) - that 4.0 is for qualifying).

Nowhere in this string was I implying "that 2.0 was for both" records and qualifying as you state.

How about we call this a misunderstanding. I also agree with semobison, there is no need for name calling.

Anyway, when you say records you could only mean meet records since her 11.36 has been accepted as the school record. Which is what confused me in the first place since I care very little about the Howard Wood Relay record and more about qualifying for nationals.