Page 6 of 440 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU @ ISU Cyclones preview........

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU @ ISU Cyclones preview........

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    But on the other hand, as soon as Mertens left town, our fortunes changed. We haven't lost an FBS game and only lost one playoff game in 4 years while collecting 3 Natties. Not a coincidence IMO.
    So our 08 and 09 troubles were all because of this one player? Wow! The coaching staff did the recruiting and we did not have a division I caliber QB on the roster those two seasons. If the coaching staff would have done their job, once player A didn't work out you plug in player B. We didn't have that option, the player was hung out to dry and the fans blame all of the troubles we had to this day on this player! The coaching staff learned a hard lesson from that experience!

Would people shut the f up about Nick please. Only the misinformed or delusional could blame two sub par Bison years on one guy who had NO back ups.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Did that last time you were given the same song and dance by Kansas State. Was given the same answer you were given and then found out it was a big lie the whole time.......or the people running the ticket office have their heads so far up their own ass they dont know what they are actually selling.

From my talks with Iowa State fans, all they do is sell out games.......regardless of opponent. But according to you, they dont expect this game to sell out unless they sell tickets for cheap.

PL I love you and all the help you give on situations like this and it is not my attempt to attack your info. I am however trying to tell you that these clowns have no idea what they are talking about.
    This is their season opener against a team that blew the doors of of Kansas State new stadium attendance record. This game and Kansas State game will sell out the fastest.

Lets be honest though, the only reason this game might not be very attractive to ISU fans is they know they are going to lose. If you can get the ticket office guy to admit this then he may have a valid point. All other reasons are horse poop
    It makes no difference to me if they are BSing me or not. I know that any tickets for group ticket sales will be determined on whats left after season ticket sales are completed.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Fools and fanatics are always overconfident, Wise people are full of doubts........Bertrand Russell

Lets slow down, Iowa state is no Ferris Bull Dogs.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Did that last time you were given the same song and dance by Kansas State. Was given the same answer you were given and then found out it was a big lie the whole time.......or the people running the ticket office have their heads so far up their own ass they dont know what they are actually selling.

From my talks with Iowa State fans, all they do is sell out games.......regardless of opponent. But according to you, they dont expect this game to sell out unless they sell tickets for cheap.

PL I love you and all the help you give on situations like this and it is not my attempt to attack your info. I am however trying to tell you that these clowns have no idea what they are talking about.
    This is their season opener against a team that blew the doors of of Kansas State new stadium attendance record. This game and Kansas State game will sell out the fastest.

Lets be honest though, the only reason this game might not be very attractive to ISU fans is they know they are going to lose. If you can get the ticket office guy to admit this then he may have a valid point. All other reasons are horse poop

Well, several errors in what you wrote. K State's game with NDSU was the second highest attendance in history not the first. Second, why would you trust some bullshit ISU fans rather than PL's university people? You are kidding right? I checked ISU football site and they did not sell out the Texas, Oklahoma State, or TCU games. You can really be full of yourself sometimes Sams.

Making Mertens the sole reason for a couple of bad seasons is as ridiculous as making Jensen the sole reason for 3 national championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison55 View Post
    Making Mertens the sole reason for a couple of bad seasons is as ridiculous as making Jensen the sole reason for 3 national championships.
    And green bay wins a super bowl without Aaron Rodgers, right?

Quarterback is the most important position in any sport. If you suck at your job, chances are your team will follow suit more often than not

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Would people shut the f up about Nick please. Only the misinformed or delusional could blame two sub par Bison years on one guy who had NO back ups.

But we had a backup and he stood on the sidelines for 18 games while 12 of those games got fumbled away. That same backup went down to Kansas and showed enough leadership to win the opening game in 2010 and we've been rolling ever since.

As I've said before, those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    And green bay wins a super bowl without Aaron Rodgers, right?

Quarterback is the most important position in any sport. If you suck at your job, chances are your team will follow suit more often than not

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    That's a true statement, but the fact that it is true doesn't mean that it is universally applicable. The QB may be the most important of the 22 starters, but good QBs have played for mediocre teams and vice versa.

Bisonville remains the leader for spoiled fans. We're really looking back on years where the team wasn't a national power and insisting that there was some terrible reason for it? Almost no teams have the run we just had. That is the outlier boys, results less than that are indeed the norm. God help us when we start seeing mean regression in our results.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    But we had a backup and he stood on the sidelines for 18 games while 12 of those games got fumbled away. That same backup went down to Kansas and showed enough leadership to win the opening game in 2010 and we've been rolling ever since.

As I've said before, those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
    And the staff had no confidence in Jose. I suppose that is Nick's fault? Jose couldn't even cut it at d2.

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt