Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Ojuri

Default Re: Sam Ojuri

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't these guys also weigh in at the beginning of the football year to establish their listed weights for the roster? If that is true, wouldn't it be possible that they have had 8 or so months to bulk up and not the 2 to 3 that are being talked about here?

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't these guys also weigh in at the beginning of the football year to establish their listed weights for the roster? If that is true, wouldn't it be possible that they have had 8 or so months to bulk up and not the 2 to 3 that are being talked about here?

You're wrong .

The football season places enough stress on an athlete's recovery abilities that weight training has to be scaled back during the season to avoid overtraining. At that point, you're pretty much just trying to maintain the gains you made during the off season.

And the best way to chemically recover, where gains are actually made? It sure as hell ain't creatine.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Maybe he has been eating spinach

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Lardsin must go!

For recovery branch chain amino acids are used frequently. Such as Leucine and others they are not bound amino acids and are absorbed better and are part of the amino acids that make up protein.

If you watch the latest Driven video of Billy Turner at 1:18 in they have him taking a shake that has one of the listed ingredients as Leucine. I am sure they have these guys on a ton more supplements than they were on during college and the diet is probably even stricter than it was at college.

The problem with supplements is that a lot of them are sold and the results you get are market driven not scientific driven. One of the main reasons I stay away from throwing my hat in the ring and setting up programs and answering questions when asked about them in depth. There are some that work very well there are also as was said earlier a lot that are just placebo and empty promises.

Here!! This is what TransAmBison has been up to the last several years, and Answer Guy too I believe!! Just look at the two of them for results!!

Ensuring That You Want to Add Muscle in a dramatic way Improve Your Appearance.
    Watch Video Now:

How to Build a Muscular Physique?
    You need to have a solid commitment and knowledge to get nice muscle tone and build an attractive muscular body.
    Learn More

YES,CLICK HERE

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Alright guys time for some truth-
    1) The accepted "natural potential" for guys at around 10% body fat with good training and genetics is
    5'10 = 185
    5'11 = 190
    6'0 = 195
    6'1 = 200
    6'2 = 205
    Genetics and training can change these another 5% add to that most football players are in the region of 12-25% bodyfat.
    2) First year of training you can gain up to 2lbs/month muscle. 2nd year that goes to about 1lb/ month and subsequently under .5lbs/month till you hit your limit.
    3) Supplements like creatine might give you 2-3lbs of extra muscle in a few months the first time you do it along with 10lbs of water weight.
    4) Naturally you can only process about 150g/day of protein, any extra is just a strain on your kidneys.
    5) Whey protein, creatine, BCAA's, legal test boosters, citrulline mallate etc. really are marginal for building muscle. In the long run all combined vs good diet they might give you another 5-7lbs of muscle.
    A lot of kids in highschool juice in the off season, even more in college (I knew someone who played D1 in mountain west who claimed majority of players do it). There are a lot of designer steroids(pro hormones), injectable hormones like test, tren and then even harder to detect things like growth hormones, SARM's and peptides. A lot of these are so cutting edge that there are no tests for them. Some like peptides are just amino acids (and therefore cannot be illegal) but they boost GH and muscle growth through a variety of mechanisms. No trained athlete without significant help puts on 15lbs of muscle. These are just facts, no legal supplement allows them to do so. This is the truth of the NFL. Let's not act like this is anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Ok again ladies, you're missing the whole point of this thread drift...

It was ONE example I used and yes creatine has done nothing for some people but worked wonders for others, this is a fact! Take it with other supplements along with a proper diet and workouts and you will see results!

Anywho, the point of my comments was that college kids don't just gain all that muscle after college in that short amount of time from just working out and having amazing trainers...diets and supplements are a huge factor! That was the friggin point.

Focus people.
    Do you even lift, bro?
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Do you even lift, bro?
    You kidding?!? Let me introduce you to the MR. TONY A:

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    You kidding?!? Let me introduce you to the MR. TONY A:

I just looked at some pics of the reigning Mr. Olympia champ...looks like bodybuilding has "advanced" to the point they are not that far from that picture you posted.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Here!! This is what TransAmBison has been up to the last several years, and Answer Guy too I believe!!

Hillsboro bar tonight?
    Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.