Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Ojuri

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Sam Ojuri

Who is stopping college athletes from taking supplements?

Doubtful working out 7 days a week would be the most optimal way to put on LBM.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

OK guys my initial question, that started this minor debacle, was intended to be somewhat rhetorical...

With that said, more than likely he didn't gain that kind of weight in that amount of time without the help of some supplements...yes he is working out more and concentrating on certain areas and he has top notch trainers and yes it does indeed make a difference, but not THAT much of a difference.
    NCAA doesn't allow universities to supply certain supplements such as...lets say...creatine, which dramatically increases body mass in a hurry, but I would bet my life on it that every kid trying to make a NFL roster is using some sort of supplement(s) which is suggested to them by their respective training staff...

Look at the current NFL players and the bigger colleges...look how much bigger those kids are than the kids from the smaller schools..
    You don't get that big from just working out, it's impossible. I thought this was more common knowledge...

BTW, we're talking about legal supplements here.

When he's in college what is your diet like? Then go to some training academy and start downing 300g of protein and day and see how much LBM you add.

creatine, which dramatically increases body mass in a hurry
    this isn't true. I've taken creatine on a regular basis at different times in my life while lifting and I never got dramatically bigger. It definitely helped me get stronger though.

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    When he's in college what is your diet like? Then go to some training academy and start downing 300g of protein and day and see how much LBM you add.

this isn't true. I've taken creatine on a regular basis at different times in my life while lifting and I never got dramatically bigger. It definitely helped me get stronger though.
    So with all the creatine and working out you got stronger but didn't gain any weight?!

It's called an example bud...there are many protein supplements out there that are designed to put mass on your body and creatine is one of them.
    Sorry your body didn't react the way it should have to creatine, everyone is built differently, some men are built to be big and strong and some men are built like women...it's part of life.

Do you think these athletes are using only one supplement?

LOL. Creatine is maybe good for 5 pounds of LBM in 3 months. A basic cycle of "better performance through pharmaceuticals" will do significantly better than that.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    Don't be so naive. It's very difficult to put on 15 pounds of lean muscle (not bodyweight) in six months naturally in one year. Let alone six months.

Not saying he is on the gas. But a substantial number of NFL prospects are taking some test and oral steroids from the time they are done in college until the need to cycle off for their drug test @ training camp.

As the former Soviet Union sports doctors used to say, you should never fail an announced drug test unless you are stupid or greedy. There are very few random, unannounced steroid drug tests in the NFL. (So if u are a superstar and you coming back from a torn tricep (off the bone) during the season, you generally don't have to worry.)
    Especially when you've been lifting like they have been for years. I bet they burned more fat and more muscle is showing there for looking "bigger".

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    "We All From Africa"

When you lift you can only tear your muscles so much in a session but its how much rest you give that muscle and how quickly it repairs itself therefore getting stronger and more muscle. If you haven't lifted in quite some time and lift your muscles aren't use to it as much so will put on muscle quickly. I would guess during the season when they lift its to maintain. So when they get back it like they are probably can put on some quick muscle. Also their diets are there to get more lean and cut.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    "We All From Africa"

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    OK guys my initial question, that started this minor debacle, was intended to be somewhat rhetorical...

With that said, more than likely he didn't gain that kind of weight in that amount of time without the help of some supplements...yes he is working out more and concentrating on certain areas and he has top notch trainers and yes it does indeed make a difference, but not THAT much of a difference.
    NCAA doesn't allow universities to supply certain supplements such as...lets say...creatine, which dramatically increases body mass in a hurry, but I would bet my life on it that every kid trying to make a NFL roster is using some sort of supplement(s) which is suggested to them by their respective training staff...

Look at the current NFL players and the bigger colleges...look how much bigger those kids are than the kids from the smaller schools..
    You don't get that big from just working out, it's impossible. I thought this was more common knowledge...

BTW, we're talking about legal supplements here.

Creatine is a joke. It adds 5 pounds of water weight to you instantly. That's it. 95% of supplements are placebos. The only thing that has been scientifically proven (by studies) to work are MSM and some other joint relief supplements. (But placebos are good mentally.)

Steroids work. Nothing works better than steroids. Sure nutrition is better, arguably some of the training methods are better. But nothing works better than good old fashion steroids and some testosterone. HGH also puts on muscle mass, but in my opinion too dangerous because effects are not reversible and your organs increase also. (ie pro bodybuilders with the six packs but bloated stomachs)

Steroid use is/was rampant in baseball but not in the NFL with 6'5" 330 # linemen running under 5.1 40s and millions of dollars on the line. LOL

I am not criticizing the choice. If you have the opportunity to make an NFL contract and the chance to set yourself and your family up for life on your second NFL contract than in a cost/benefit analysis it is worth the risk if done intelligently. The problem is the natural rationalization that if x dose works well than 8x the dose will work 8x better. (That is why you are starting to see former lifters, bodybuilders, pro wrestlers dropping like flies in their 40s and 50s.)

Ok again ladies, you're missing the whole point of this thread drift...

It was ONE example I used and yes creatine has done nothing for some people but worked wonders for others, this is a fact! Take it with other supplements along with a proper diet and workouts and you will see results!

Anywho, the point of my comments was that college kids don't just gain all that muscle after college in that short amount of time from just working out and having amazing trainers...diets and supplements are a huge factor! That was the friggin point.

Focus people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    So with all the creatine and working out you got stronger but didn't gain any weight?!
    I got bigger as I got stronger, but it wasn't "dramatically" bigger like you suggest.