Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Minot State football coach back to Mankato?????

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Minot State football coach back to Mankato?????

Default Re: Minot State football coach back to Mankato?????

Beat me to it. Here's what I posted over on SDSUFans. The first link is a very good telling of the story.

New developments. The arbitrator has handed down his decision. Mankato must immediately reinstate Hoffner if he so chooses. Mankato had no grounds to fire him; the most they should have done was verbally reprimand him for allowing his wife to use his laptop. Every other excuse they used to fire him was bogus, unverifiable, or inconsequential. If Hoffner chooses not to return to Mankato, the university must pay any difference between his current salary and what he would have gotten at Mankato. That goes until 2018. They also have to cut him a check for the 20-day unpaid suspension he received. Hoffner is currently head coach at Minot State(ND-DII). Hoffner has planned a press conference for Tuesday. While he currently lives and works in Minot, his wife and children are still living in Mankato where she works.

http://www.mankatofreepress.com/loca...uld-be-rehired
    http://www.twincities.com/localnews/...ated-should-be

It will be interesting to see what happens to anyone in the Mankato administration who had anything to do with firing him. I suspect a few heads might roll.

From ESPN:
    "Minot State athletic director Rick Hedberg said the school wished Hoffner the best and hoped for closure for him and his family, but "we are disappointed that doesn't involve Minot State."

Hedberg said the school will move forward quickly to find a replacement. He has said there was nothing in Hoffner's contract to block him from leaving, and the university had no contingency plan for that possibility."

what a cluster, he was a good thing for Minot. going to be very difficult to lure a quality coach to Minot now
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    what a cluster, he was a good thing for Minot. going to be very difficult to lure a quality coach to Minot now
    The list of applicants when Hoffner was hired were not particularly noteworthy. I can't imagine what it's going to be like now. That program is in for some rough going for awhile.

Mussman is available.

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Hey, I wonder what Rocky's doing these days.

Hambone is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Mussman is available.

Kind of - I think he is co-offensive coordinator at St. Cloud.......so while he could technically leave not sure he would. Although I'm sure you were just making a funny
    University of North Dakota *THIS SPACE FOR RENT*

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Kind of - I think he is co-offensive coordinator at St. Cloud.......so while he could technically leave not sure he would. Although I'm sure you were just making a funny

. I'm sure he'd consider it... That would make two promotions in the same year!

OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.