Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Minot State football coach back to Mankato?????

Default Re: Minot State football coach back to Mankato?????

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Is this for real?

Uh oh. Now there's trouble in River City. Mankato needs to write a check and leave the amount blank.

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Can this whole situation get any stranger? If this 'strike' persists, will they lose their scholarships? Will Mankato even have a team this fall? Wow.

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just saw this on the news... No surprise at all... I agree that the university needs to write the check but I have a feeling that their hands are tied big time... Will Glen Taylor step up and write the check to buy him out?
    A human fart can be louder THAN A TUBA, I discovered that at my daughters school concert.

As an alternative, I understand that the CC up north is looking for players (although the move would be a downgrade for the players).
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    As an alternative, I understand that the CC up north is looking for players (although the move would be a downgrade for the players).
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Rumor is that the Minot AD Rick Hedberg offered the Minot State coaching job to the old Mankato St. acting head coach! Wow -- this could get complicated!

Apparently our last year was not as complicated as I thought it was.
    These people know how to put on a show.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The thing that gets me is that I have friends that are MSUM graduates that are proud of what the football team is doing. I find that the comments are hardcore either way with no one nuetral. I am trying to stay nuetral as I don't know enough about the behind the scenes.

One would think that they should treat this for what it is, their job (scholarship). Would anyone else be able to do what they are doing without consequences in the future? The other approach is to show loyalty to their coach they have learn to trust for the past 1.5 years. That says something as well...
    A human fart can be louder THAN A TUBA, I discovered that at my daughters school concert.

Quote Originally Posted by KTF View Post
    The thing that gets me is that I have friends that are MSUM graduates that are proud of what the football team is doing. I find that the comments are hardcore either way with no one nuetral. I am trying to stay nuetral as I don't know enough about the behind the scenes.

One would think that they should treat this for what it is, their job (scholarship). Would anyone else be able to do what they are doing without consequences in the future? The other approach is to show loyalty to their coach they have learn to trust for the past 1.5 years. That says something as well...
    I've seen the same thing. I think it's a pretty simple situation for the players. You don't get to make the decision about who coaches this team. If you want to play, fine. If not, turn in your gear. I really don't know Todd all that well so I have no idea how he will react. I know the vocal ones would be better of quitting if I was the coach because I wouldn't forget and there would be consequences (I'd be like the coach on Varsity Blues but passive-aggressive).