Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun Belt Expansion

Default Re: Sun Belt Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Wouldn't Omaha be a draw for them. Back into the Omaha media market that the MVC is familiar with and a University making a commitment to basketball. They wouldn't have to worry about losing them to a FBS conference as they don't have football. Would seem to be quite stable that way.
    Not attractive until they prove they can win. The MVC added a dud last time, they won't make that mistake again. I'm guessing they would go after Belmont or Murray State...maybe Valpo. Maybe we would actually get considered since we did win a game in the tournament.

That said MSU hasn't left yet, going from the MVC to the Belt in hoops is a massive step down. I guess they could dominate that league perhaps, there isn't really a strong hoops program to be found in that conference. But still not sure how their fans/boosters would feel about it.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    That said MSU hasn't left yet, going from the MVC to the Belt in hoops is a massive step down. I guess they could dominate that league perhaps, there isn't really a strong hoops program to be found in that conference. But still not sure how their fans/boosters would feel about it.
    They pretty much have no football fans based on my experiences in Springfield. Basketball is king down there.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    lol misery st going FBS they will fail.....I doubt they leave the Valley for Basketball
    makes no sense to leave the MVC for bball. Im guessing it would be football only

By the time the MVC gets around to asking any Summit school to join, that Summit school could be making a UMKC to the WAC like mistake by jumping ship.

There will be blood in the water if/when WSU gets out.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    By the time the MVC gets around to asking any Summit school to join, that Summit school could be making a UMKC to the WAC like mistake by jumping ship.

There will be blood in the water if/when WSU gets out.
    If MSU leaves, they are the linchpin to keeping WSU and the conference together. We will probably have some shake ups in the summit, Ohio Valley and MVC conference if and when MSU goes to the SB. possibly the a-10 as well.

Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Not attractive until they prove they can win. The MVC added a dud last time, they won't make that mistake again. I'm guessing they would go after Belmont or Murray State...maybe Valpo. Maybe we would actually get considered since we did win a game in the tournament.
    They knew they were adding a dud when they did it,which is why i think the Omaha market would be very attractive to them.

Quote Originally Posted by jack power View Post
    They knew they were adding a dud when they did it,which is why i think the Omaha market would be very attractive to them.
    Except Omaha doesn't give them any of that market, Creighton and Nebraska own it for hoops and then Omaha also has hockey. I'm not sure if the MVC would ever accept a school where basketball plays second fiddle to hockey. If they want market UMKC would be the move to make, they did visit them back when they added Loyola.
    Last edited by NDSUstudent; 04-10-2014 at 06:21 PM.

Dom just tweeted that MSU to the Belt may actually be happening.....

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/stat...62331426734081

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A beer says MVFC starts looking at another school in ND if MSU leaves.