Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Sun Belt Expansion

Default Re: Sun Belt Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Summit will be around longer than the WAC, retaining Denver is a key all this IMO

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Problem with the Summit is NDSU, SDSU, USD and Omaha are locks.

After that...
    IUPUI and ipfw would jump to the Horizon in a heartbeat
    Oral Roberts already left once
    Western Illinois would jump to the Ohio Valley or MVC
    Denver could jump to the Big Sky with New Mexico

If I was New Mexico State I would be looking to the Big Sky. Especially if they get Idaho.

I would target New Mexico State in a heartbeat

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    You might be correct but the Summit isn't exactly the picture of stability either.
    How is the Summit not stable? IPFW, IUPUI, WIU are going nowhere. The Horizon doesn't want them because they have better options. Omaha? ORU? both are happy. The only change either would make is if the MVC came calling. That likely won't happen. Even if WSU leaves the MVC have better options. The idea that you can take the Omaha area back by taking UNO after losing Creighton is ridiculous. CU and UNL own Nebraska.

I would love to see an invite to NMSU which would help make Denver happy. NMSU will go Independent in FB for a few years to see what shakes out. They are in a better situation than Idaho. In addition, they see themselves (as Denver did) as being above the WAC. Really can't argue with that.

If the PAC12 or Big 12 expand both will look to the Mountain West. What does NMSU really want? A shot at a MW spot so they can rejoin New Mexico. I have no problem with them coming to the Summit while they wait and see what changes occur in college FB in the next 5 years. They would immediately up the RPI. That's a good thing.

If Douple is smart he takes a shot at pulling in NMSU, UMKC and maybe even UND. Let's bring on two more schools and grow the Summit.

I think the team formerly known as the Whioux are in a precarious position. With Idaho coming in as an all sport member, UND is now expendable. That is unless you believe Star2City, SiouxVolley's dream of a BSC FBS conference.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    How is the Summit not stable? IPFW, IUPUI, WIU are going nowhere. The Horizon doesn't want them because they have better options. Omaha? ORU? both are happy. The only change either would make is if the MVC came calling. That likely won't happen. Even if WSU leaves the MVC have better options. The idea that you can take the Omaha area back by taking UNO after losing Creighton is ridiculous. CU and UNL own Nebraska.

I would love to see an invite to NMSU which would help make Denver happy. NMSU will go Independent in FB for a few years to see what shakes out. They are in a better situation than Idaho. In addition, they see themselves (as Denver did) as being above the WAC. Really can't argue with that.

If the PAC12 or Big 12 expand both will look to the Mountain West. What does NMSU really want? A shot at a MW spot so they can rejoin New Mexico. I have no problem with them coming to the Summit while they wait and see what changes occur in college FB in the next 5 years. They would immediately up the RPI. That's a good thing.

If Douple is smart he takes a shot at pulling in NMSU, UMKC and maybe even UND. Let's bring on two more schools and grow the Summit.

I think the team formerly known as the Whioux are in a precarious position. With Idaho coming in as an all sport member, UND is now expendable. That is unless you believe Star2City, SiouxVolley's dream of a BSC FBS conference.
    Good post. Especially the boldest part. However the Indiana schools would jump to another conference in a heartbeat. .. would it happen? Unlikely. UMKC is a geographic fit even though I dislike them but we need them to help stabilize the conference. UND would help stability too. New Mexico State helps for a ton of reasons. As long as we have the 4 dakota schools and omaha we are super stable.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

After that...
    IUPUI and ipfw would jump to the Horizon in a heartbeat (NDSU/SDSU WOULD JUMP AT THE MVC IN A HEARTBEAT, NEITHER ARE HAPPENING SOON)
    Oral Roberts already left once (FOUND OUT GRASS WAS SHORTER AND BROWN ON THE OTHER SIDE THEY HOWEVER COULD BE NEXT UP IN MVC SHOULD WSU LEAVE)
    Western Illinois would jump to the Ohio Valley or MVC (LOL, NOT A CHANCE THEY DUMP MVFC FOOTBALL OR GET FULL MEMBERSHIP IN MVC)
    Denver could jump to the Big Sky with New Mexico (NEW MEXICO IS IN THE MWC, DENVER DOES NOT HAVE FOOTBALL THEY WILL NOT GO TO THE BSC)

If I was New Mexico State I would be looking to the Big Sky. Especially if they get Idaho.

Just a few of my thoughts
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    okay. What does the Summit do for their football program? See, that's the problem they face in getting tossed from the Sun Belt. Everybody here is suddenly going all "Sioux Volley" dreaming up stuff that has nothing to do with what's going on in the Sun Belt. Carry on.
    I didn't mean to imply that I thought the NMSU was a good fit for the Summit. Just that we are more stable than the WAC.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

After that...
    IUPUI and ipfw would jump to the Horizon in a heartbeat
    Oral Roberts already left once
    Western Illinois would jump to the Ohio Valley or MVC
    Denver could jump to the Big Sky with New Mexico

Personally, I think if the MVC takes on any current Summit members, it will be Omaha.

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Personally, I think if the MVC takes on any current Summit members, it will be Omaha.
    Probably....or Denver for that coveted media market.