Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Richman's Staff

Default Re: Coach Richman's Staff

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Here is Jayden's bio http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205435972

I dont follow basketball as closely so if you great basketball minds could post the bios of potential coaches it would be awesome for us that dont know who you all are talking about.

Will be fun to see who the rest of the staff is!
    Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    thanks!

Margenthaler: http://www.msumavericks.com/coaches.aspx?rc=299

HC for 13 seasons. Also spent 6 seasons as an assistant for SDSU. Increase the pay and get this guy here!

His tweet from the other day:
    Hope you NDSU guys don't mind an Augie fan jumping in here, but I have a little bit I can share about both of these guys.

As far as Jayden Olson goes, he'd be a great hire for Richman. When Jayden was at Augie, he and Coach Billeter brought in some of Augie's best recruits in school history, including Augie's top 2 all-time leading scorers, Cameron McCaffrey (#1) and Cody Schilling (#2). He's a sharp guy, solid personality, top notch recruiter, and is going to be a successful coach in the very near future. Frankly, I'm surprised he's stayed an Ops guy for this many years.

As far as Margenthaler goes, I'm willing to say I'd be shocked to see him take an assistant job at NDSU. This is not a knock on the Bison, but I believe Margenthaler makes $115,000 a year at a well-respected school with incredible facilities for the D2 level (frankly, for D1 level too compared to several low- and mid-major D1s), a ton of academic majors for recruits to choose from, a nicely-sized city of 40,000 people, and a gold mine of high-level D2 talent and low-D1 transfers from the Cities looking to get back closer to home. He's won something like 8 of the last 9 regular season conference championships at Mankato (counting both the final years of the NCC and the years since transitioning to the NSIC), and he has a ton of support from the administration, even if the fans don't show up to games like they probably should. I think it would take something like a D1 head coaching job to get him to leave the comforts of Mankato. Then again, I don't know everything. Maybe the opportunity at NDSU appeals to him. Like I said, it would just shock me to see him take an assistant job at this point in his career (unless it was an assistant job that paid substantially more than his current salary).

Congrats on Richman. Sounds like he's going to be great for you guys. Nice to have a system/program/community where solid coaches can simply move up the ladder and carry on the success of a previous coach.

P.S. - For the record, I'd love to be proven wrong on Margenthaler. Getting him out of the NSIC would definitely be helpful for the NSIC fans whose teams aren't Mankato.

Good chance Margenthaler is at WIU if Molinari leaves.

Molinari is leaving to Nebraska. That is done. Good to get him out of the Summit, because that dude is GOOD.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Molinari is leaving to Nebraska. That is done. Good to get him out of the Summit, because that dude is GOOD.
    I'd imagine that increases the likelihood that Jayden Olson ends up at NDSU. If he's not moving up the coaching ladder at Nebraska, there's really no reason to stick around as the Director of Ops when you have an opportunity to get back into coaching as a key assistant at a successful mid-major like NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    I'd imagine that increases the likelihood that Jayden Olson ends up at NDSU. If he's not moving up the coaching ladder at Nebraska, there's really no reason to stick around as the Director of Ops when you have an opportunity to get back into coaching as a key assistant at a successful mid-major like NDSU.
    Like I said in post #4 on this thread.....

The Ops guy at Nebraska was making alot more than our assistants, it is in the Big Ten, with facilities for DAYS. It is unreal good with sellout crowds on a team that is pre season ranked for next year that graduated one player who was average at best. It can be hard to leave those things. But, JO needs to get on the sidelines and back out recruiting. He is a great talent.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Like I said in post #4 on this thread.....

The Ops guy at Nebraska was making alot more than our assistants, it is in the Big Ten, with facilities for DAYS. It is unreal good with sellout crowds on a team that is pre season ranked for next year that graduated one player who was average at best. It can be hard to leave those things. But, JO needs to get on the sidelines and back out recruiting. He is a great talent.
    That's more what I was referring to. Totally agree that an ops job can be great, especially in the Big 10. But in Olson's case specifically, the part in bold is the key.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

@Wade_ChapmanAD: Source: Jayden Olson is headed to #NDSU to join new head coach Dave Richman. Current NDSU assistant Freddy Coleman will remain on staff.

Quote Originally Posted by gobisontd View Post
    @Wade_ChapmanAD: Source: Jayden Olson is headed to #NDSU to join new head coach Dave Richman. Current NDSU assistant Freddy Coleman will remain on staff.
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by gobisontd View Post
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO BISON!!!!!!!!!!!!

FWIIW, I'm getting excited!! I feel like we are entering a new era in MBB that will bring us to a higher level. For some reason coaching changes in BB seem, to me at least, to be a good, exhilarating change. Not so much in football. Maybe because BB schemes seem to "change" more readily than FB. But, wtf do I know about BB, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.