Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Coach Richman's Staff

Default Re: Coach Richman's Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    How much does the position pay compared to HC at DII ?? Is a HC position better chance to move up coaching chain or as a D1 assistant?

I hope we find someone who fits NDSU culture and has some recruiting ties MN WIS
    Lots of different questions here ... Look at SDSU ... they took a high profile high-major D1 assistant over a D2 head coach who just won a NC.

Its really about connections, comfort level and cultural fit. The two candidates considered "finalists" for SDSU came from the Greg McDermott coaching tree. Most of the staff members at SDSU are from the Greg McDermott coaching tree.

Ultimately the answers to most of your questions depends on the perspective of the AD filling the job. NDSU has shown a proclivity for filling their jobs internally. Being the #2 guy on staff there has proven to be a very good job. Richman is probably going to get an opportunity like Phillips, Miles and McDermott before him. I would bet that Jayden Olson remains on staff simply because history has been good to guys in his spot!

What the hell is going on? Freddy bolts and now Henderson to the Jacks?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Joe Kittell perhaps? Alum and former GA under Saul Phillips, currently the head coach at UMary.
    Would love to have Joe back, great recruiter and has done good things everywhere he's been. That being said he just got the UMary job last year and seems pretty excited about it, could be tough to convince him to leave that to go back to being an assistant.

Kyan Brown makes it official on his twitter 12 minutes ago thats he's with NDSU.

ps--- are we sure he isnt coming here as a football punter?? cuz he done OUTKICKED HIS COVERAGE if you know what I mean Izzy. :P
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Looks like a really good hire. He knows how to play the game, so now can he help coach and recruit. Welcome Will.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Very excited about Coach Veasley coming to NDSU. Young coach that comes from a great program. Winning is all he knows! Good to have the staff complete and ready to go for the upcoming season.

Interesting hire, anyone know how or what if any ties to Richman or the program or strictly new blood?

I am sort of shocked the recent hires haven't created more of a buzz on here. Talk about two unreal hires. Coming from Oral Roberts, coaching big men, leaving the school he played for to come INSIDE the conference to NDSU says a lot of about what NDSU has going on. The new facility, coaching salaries, etc. He has amazing contacts. That was a terrific hire by Dave and team. Getting Veasely just seems impossible to me. Talk about a resume. He is still young, he can tell kids...Hey, I played in the national championship team. Butler has CULTURE. Winning tradition. He had an amazing career and SHOULD benefit us tremendously on the recruiting trail. At NDSU....we reload. Welcome to NDSU to these two men. I will say, I am impressed. HOME RUN
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Heres a pretty cool read about Coach Veasley that was written by Josh Tolentino of the Videtteonline.

http://www.videtteonline.com/sports/...4825f0699.html