Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Richman Named Head Coach

Default Re: Richman Named Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I would be curious how the conference distributes money over the the teams. Do they do it evenly or reward teams that are having more success for the conference (i.e. Gonzaga, Witchita St, etc). I could be wrong but last year may have been the first tournament win under the Summit affiliation.
    yes, last time a league team won a game was 2005 it was called the Mid-con at that time and it was oakland, it was a play in game but still counts as a win in the stat books

also the mid con had 2 yrs they placed 2 teams in the tourney....nice to get back to that
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Let's get down to brass tacks here. Can NDSU afford to pay Coach R more? Do we have the money in the basketball budget?
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

In order for Richman to get paid more, basketball needs to generate more money, simple as that. There is a reason the football coach get paid more then the track coach. With the SHAC completed, attendance should increase dramatically and help this. Of course, winning accomplishes a lot of things.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Let's get down to brass tacks here. Can NDSU afford to pay Coach R more? Do we have the money in the basketball budget?
    Once the new arena is built I'd hope we would see more money coming in and pay him more. If not and he does well next couple years, you can kiss him goodbye.
    "We All From Africa"

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFan_Sav View Post
    Yes, but last years win got more $ by playing 2 games i think is what happened? They roll it over a 6 year period which is like 1.67 million/6 but each year has been increasing approximately 2% each year.
    Yeah, but it's the same amount. Making the tournament was worth $1.67 million over six years, while winning a game and making it to the next round was worth another $1.67 million over six years on top of that. Normally, the Summit gets six shares per year. That would've amounted to about $1.56 million this year, since a share is worth about $260k right now. Because of our win last year, the Summit will receive seven shares per year for six years. That amounts to about $1.82 million this year. Divided nine ways, it works out to be about $200k per school(though I'm sure each school receives less than that because the conference likely uses some of it for operations).

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I think we can do better, GT was ready to give Saul a raise before he left. Seems like $250-300k is about the median DI salary, I would like to see us get there would put Richman at #3 in the Summit.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I think we can do better, GT was ready to give Saul a raise before he left. Seems like $250-300k is about the median DI salary, I would like to see us get there would put Richman at #3 in the Summit.
    Once the SHAC opens, see Richman get thru next ear see how the team and Richman respond to LA going (which I fully expect to be good considering this years results) and I see him getting a good bump
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

With the success the team had this year and the venue they will be at next year and in the future, season ticket sales will be going up and hopefully some extra TM funding as well. Frankly, considering the size of the arena(s), they should be charging a minimum TM donation on every season ticket. There are no bad seats and if you implement them before most of the new buyers come in, they will just assume this is how it's done. Easy way to raise extra funds that can be used how the university best sees fit. I say if Richman can continue a successful season next year, our AD should give the man a raise.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

They raised the bball ticket prices for the first time last year since I've been getting them. Still cheaper than football tickets and football has 12-15 less games! Once they get in the SHAC I think higher prices would definitely be on the agenda likely will have some form of teammakers seating? Not necessarily a donation but priority points. Haven't seen anything on it yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    They raised the bball ticket prices for the first time last year since I've been getting them. Still cheaper than football tickets and football has 12-15 less games! Once they get in the SHAC I think higher prices would definitely be on the agenda likely will have some form of teammakers seating? Not necessarily a donation but priority points. Haven't seen anything on it yet though.
    The biggest reason for the ticket increase this past season was the extra charge put on each ticket by Scheel's Arena.

533 In a row