Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Saul to Ohio

Default Re: Saul to Ohio

We lose coaches and it doesn't even piss people off. Until we can put money into the program to keep a coach we will be a low major. Do we know how much UNI pays their coach? How are we supposed to move to a conference like the mac when they can cherry pick our coaches?
    anyway congrats to saul. Good luck

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by fbmind View Post
    Three quick pluses...

1. Has a reputation as a very good recruiter.

2. Has been at NDSU for over a decade and knows the system very well which will keep the continuity going on what is a very good thing right now.

3. This one is big...is from the area as is his wife (they both graduated from NDSU). They have 4 young kids and all of their family lives in the area as well. Point being that when he is successful, will take something pretty big/special to tear him away.
    Like a Wyoming job...?

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by fbmind View Post

3. This one is big...is from the area as is his wife (they both graduated from NDSU). They have 4 young kids and all of their family lives in the area as well. Point being that when he is successful, will take something pretty big/special to tear him away.
    Yea never heard that one before. I for one am excited to see where we go from here. I would hope we could be in the dance more than once every five years.

I didn't think Saul would make it through the final four weekend without jumping ship. When Tulsa and Ohio opened we might as well have started the search. Great move for him. At least he wore an NDSU shirt tonight at the Final Four. Wonder if Craig Smith regrets not waiting? Richman would do a great job, but needs to build a staff. Does he have the connections to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We lose coaches and it doesn't even piss people off. Until we can put money into the program to keep a coach we will be a low major. Do we know how much UNI pays their coach?
    Jacobson more or less has a lifetime deal. I think he made $500k this year and he gets a $25k raise ever year. His contract still has 10 years on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsansa View Post
    Richman would do a great job, but needs to build a staff. Does he have the connections to do that?
    That is my main concern.

good luck to Saul
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    That is my main concern.
    Saul Phillips, Craig Smith, Tim Miles, yeah he might have a couple connections that could help build a staff...

On the plus side, he and Bjorkland were in an SNL tonight.
    I'm coo-coo for Coco's puffs!

WWTFSMD?

Do not speak of that of about which we talk of not speaking... about.

Real men wear aprons. 2Be1Ask1

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBohl View Post
    I don't expect it to take long to announce Dave Richman as the next head coach, will see how the staff shakes out.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk
    I disagree. Open this job up. With the tourney run we may be able to attract some up and coming assistants.