Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Saul to Ohio

Default Saul to Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    I am done now is CAZ classic line. I find it comical when he has nothing more to offer.

I have had this discussion for 6 months now, I have had it with Simmers, Lynn dorn and very briefly with the President. Here is your opportunity to raise money. Finally, and I heard this through an alumni association member, they are going to look at the under the radar alumni that aren't giving. contact them, meet with them, give them a reason to give.

Beating Oklahoma on a national stage gives the foundation a bump up, but you need to continue the trend. Its not done.

I would venture the tailgate group I subscribe to spends more on their tailgate operation, than they do Bison Athletics. You can walk around the west lot and find many like that. Are they bad fans? nope. They just don't don't contribute to the athletics side. There is your market.
    And there is your difference. I would rather donate $$ to NDSU than prance around the tailgate lot showing how big (small really) my dick is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Saul to Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Big picture--but you need to know why you should donate and your "brother" needs to be stroked to continue to donate.

Wow, that is a big picture!!

Well when the old mil crowd you hang with gets the warm fuzzy's from a bison bumper sticker and a NDSU girls volleyball poster, for the $100 you donated, I look forward to the product on the field.

And I guess I have been wrong through the whole discussion, as its obvious no one contacts to give to other organizations. So you don't understand that side of the equation.

Hopefully you get a new poster each year.

Well when the old mil crowd you hang with gets the warm fuzzy's from a bison bumper sticker and a NDSU girls volleyball poster, for the $100 you donated, I look forward to the product on the field.

And I guess I have been wrong through the whole discussion, as its obvious no one contacts to give to other organizations. So you don't understand that side of the equation.

Hopefully you get a new poster each year.
    And there is yet another difference. I could care less whether I get a poster or any recognition, because I don't need my dick stroked like some apparent do.

Napoleonic syndrome is alive and well I see-->big picture!!

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

And there is your difference. I would rather donate $$ to NDSU than prance around the tailgate lot showing how big (small really) my dick is.

Again you miss the marco point, with a mirco comment. I am one of 60 in that particular group. I am actually going to check into it some day, but I would guess less than 20% are teammakers or have tickets.

It is just a good group, good food, but they don't contribute. And it doesn't make them a lesser fan than you. But go back to my original thesis, you need money, and the target market in which you can obtain growth to your funding is not being tapped.

You have made zero arguments to counter. And to be honest, you make it less inclined to be involved, becuase I don't freely give like you.

Again you miss the marco point, with a mirco comment. I am one of 60 in that particular group. I am actually going to check into it some day, but I would guess less than 20% are teammakers or have tickets.

It is just a good group, good food, but they don't contribute. And it doesn't make them a lesser fan than you. But go back to my original thesis, you need money, and the target market in which you can obtain growth to your funding is not being tapped.

You have made zero arguments to counter. And to be honest, you make it less inclined to be involved, becuase I don't freely give like you.
    I know you don't give freely, and that is yet another difference between us. You should really research the difference between those who give freely without expectations and those who give so they can be "recognized".

Trust me--there's a difference and it goes to the character and soul of a person.

But you win ....

Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    Are you a rock? Do you have social/communication issues?

You are not on the radar. YOU need to engage.

If you don't support Bison athletics, especially student-athletes, enough to send an email...
    I get many requests day in and day out for funding.

I give to organizations I have no connection to. They ask, business associates ask me to contribute.

My point. NDSU ATHLETICS DON"T ASK

So in the interim, I give to other causes, I do other things.

I was out with 5 alumni the other night. We had this discussion. None of us are contacted. I do taxes for a living. I see what NDSU alum give. THey don't The school and the athletic don't have a mechacism in place to reach a potential under utilized target market. The group isn't like CAS with blinders and gives a $100 a year and says I am super fan. They get solicited, they get sold, they get stroked, that is how the world works. I am not talking the ex bison athletic. I am talking a bison alumni that would support bison athletics.

in addition, there is a division between the alumni assoication and the the athletic department. Two different and competing organizations.

I know you don't give freely, and that is yet another difference between us. You should really research the difference between those who give freely without expectations and those who give so they can be "recognized".

Trust me--there's a difference and it goes to the character and soul of a person.

But you win ....

Come on, you are a smart guy, you do legal work, I am in finance. The people I deal with, they ask, I get a gift, what's the benefit?

In North Dakota, you structure a "gift" properly, it costs you nothing. If NDSU doesn't provide that vehicle, they will move down the road to the next organization that will.

Doesn't make them a bad fan.

I get more more the UND alumni Foundation than I do NDSU alumni. My wife and I did not go to UND. We set up an endowment at UND Medical School for other reasons. We hear from them once a month. NDSU contacts me once a year. Phonathon, I give to that .

Plus, my business scholarship. And you know what CAS, I called them.

But to tell you the truth, UND and the U of M for that matter do a better job of contacting me for donations.

NDSU, because people are spending money on the brand could be raising so much more if they had the infrastructure in place to raise the money. And actually from what I have heard are going to ramp it up.

So no, its not about ego, it's about relationship. You build the brand, you build the relationship and the business or in this case, the money follows.

I wonder if Saul lures Jason Kemp from Toledo?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I wonder if Saul lures Jason Kemp from Toledo?
    He just might

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Dutchman View Post
    Saul Phillips, Craig Smith, Tim Miles, yeah he might have a couple connections that could help build a staff...
    If it is Richman maybe hire the MN State coach as an experienced Associate Head Coach, keep Coleman and Vaughan and maybe bring in a guy like Jayden Olson