Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Saul to Ohio

Default Re: Saul to Ohio

Great job, CAS.

It's only 10.30 and kablone has already ended his I really want to give charade (but not before he let the world know how big of a deal he is).
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Actually I do know you.

I am fairly certain I donate more to the university than you, but that's irrelevant, as I think about this, just on my black jack losses at the holiday inn, I do sponsor bison athletics more than I let on, and I am fairly dialed in on financial side of the community, and know what people give, don't give and why they give to respective organizations.

So when I do eventually get the call from Pat, I will just tell them I am not worthy to give. CAZ said.

I am done now.

I love that line.
    Good, we could use less fans like you, at least based on how you post.

Apparently not one of the 18k plus that attend FB games know nothing about TMs, especially when the 50/50 winner is announced! /bolded purple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Both methods work and are used (marketing/advertising/people joining/donating AND development people reaching out and asking for money). If you talked to someone in development I guarantee a much larger percentage of money is raised using the latter. That's why development people hold events in various cities and invite alumni. Leo Ringey does travel to all the pre-game parties just because he likes to eat and go to sporting events. He usually tacks on a couple days to visit with key alumni in the area and eventually ask for money. Some happen quicker than others.

Ding, ding, ding.

Leo met with my brother in a town east of Indy. A little $25k deal has grown. My brother is the target I am talking about met Leo at a Youngstown state game. Leo called, met and it will be a healthly donation when all said and done. And it was funny, on the day of one of the meetings with my brother and Leo, Gene happened to be at the same event, was introduced to my brother. And that closed it. We had the conversation last weekend, and he commented, about no follow up. I am in the system, they know my status, ask for more.

development is a hard and thankless job. I wouldn't want it.

You need to cultivate the relationship, tell me why I need to contribute, because I have twenty causes that are pounding on me for money.

I joined team makers when I was 19 for the free beer at there tailgaiting tent I wouldnt call it a donation more of a trade off and thats they way whales like me a kab dog operate ya dig

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Good, we could use less fans like you, at least based on how you post.

Apparently not one of the 18k plus that attend FB games know nothing about TMs, especially when the 50/50 winner is announced! /bolded purple

No actually you need fans like me, because if you want to keep good coaches, expand facilities, and raise money, you need me.

I can be just as passionate as you, but I can view a much bigger picture in the meanwhile.

Ding, ding, ding.

Leo met with my brother in a town east of Indy. A little $25k deal has grown. My brother is the target I am talking about met Leo at a Youngstown state game. Leo called, met and it will be a healthly donation when all said and done. And it was funny, on the day of one of the meetings with my brother and Leo, Gene happened to be at the same event, was introduced to my brother. And that closed it.

You have personal knowledge of a successful connection?

What exactly is your problem?
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Actually I do know you.

I am fairly certain I donate more to the university than you, but that's irrelevant, as I think about this, just on my black jack losses at the holiday inn, I do sponsor bison athletics more than I let on, and I am fairly dialed in on financial side of the community, and know what people give, don't give and why they give to respective organizations.

So when I do eventually get the call from Pat, I will just tell them I am not worthy to give. CAZ said.

I am done now.

I love that line.
    Blackjack losses are not the same. You can only get a deduction on your taxes for these losses to offset winnings. On the other hand (and listen to the start of the sales pitch), eighty percent of the team maker seat fee plus any additional team maker donations are deductible. Since you can head to Philly, I suspect that the added donations may just help your tax situation.

I will be bringing a bottle of wine to the spring game and will have access to some excellent tailgate delicacies. I will arrange for a former Team Maker president to bring a form, address your concerns, and ask for your support. There will be a nice semi quiet spot for the two of you to eat, drink, and converse. And CAS will be busy dealing with AG and TAB. Is there anything else I can do to help you and the Team Maker organization establish a strong long term relationship?

{BTW, I am dead serious with my offer and comment. This is not a purple statement nor is it a poke at you.}
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

No actually you need fans like me, because if you want to keep good coaches, expand facilities, and raise money, you need me.

I can be just as passionate as you, but I can view a much bigger picture in the meanwhile.
    Big picture--but you need to know why you should donate and your "brother" needs to be stroked to continue to donate.

Wow, that is a big picture!!

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Big picture--but you need to know why you should donate and your "brother" needs to be stroked to continue to donate.

Wow, that is a big picture!!

Well yeah because he gets the same write off if he donates to ndsu or hospice or whatever else he chooses so at that point its about which one makes him all warm and fuzzy inside

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    Great job, CAS.

It's only 10.30 and kablone has already ended his I really want to give charade (but not before he let the world know how big of a deal he is).
    I am done now is CAZ classic line. I find it comical when he has nothing more to offer.

I have had this discussion for 6 months now, I have had it with Simmers, Lynn dorn and very briefly with the President. Here is your opportunity to raise money. Finally, and I heard this through an alumni association member, they are going to look at the under the radar alumni that aren't giving. contact them, meet with them, give them a reason to give.

Beating Oklahoma on a national stage gives the foundation a bump up, but you need to continue the trend. Its not done.

I would venture the tailgate group I subscribe to spends more on their tailgate operation, than they do Bison Athletics. You can walk around the west lot and find many like that. Are they bad fans? nope. They just don't don't contribute to the athletics side. There is your market.