Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Saul to Ohio

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Saul to Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    ?

You know the organization exists. You say want to support it. Get off your ass. You are not the sun.
    again the simplistic CAS approach, most people have many choices, give a reason to choice NDSU athletics.

I get a call from the alumni association, I give. Do I get a call from team makers? Nope.

Do I just write a check to the alumni association because I am an alumni? No, I give because they call. I think that is how much giving is conducted, asked for, then donate.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Not me? IDC what people write on a message board... Was speaking to how cas is saying kab is basically a excuse maker but should give to athletics at his alma mater
    And I said distain.... Which is to tarnish... If I remember properly
    That is not what I am saying. What I am saying is that those fans that say NDSU should step up apparently don't realize that fan support ($$$) is what will allow NDSU athletics to do just that. And, disdain?! If I could I would donate to all sports but basketball given the holier than Christ attitude many here seem to have.

If you don't donate to NDSU athletics directly, then don't bitch or suggest FBS. It's the masses that allow TM to make its large annual donation. In fact, you even alluded to it without realizing it.

Keep the excuses coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

?

You know the organization exists. You say want to support it. Get off your ass. You are not the sun.
    If that's how you think the world works then there wouldn't be anyone that works in sales

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    again the simplistic CAS approach, most people have many choices, give a reason to choice NDSU athletics.

I get a call from the alumni association, I give. Do I get a call from team makers? Nope.

Do I just write a check to the alumni association because I am an alumni? No, I give because they call. I think that is how much giving is conducted, asked for, then donate.
    Are you a rock? Do you have social/communication issues?

You are not on the radar. YOU need to engage.

If you don't support Bison athletics, especially student-athletes, enough to send an email...
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

If that's how you think the world works then there wouldn't be anyone that works in sales
    Everyone works in sales.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    That is not what I am saying. What I am saying is that those fans that say NDSU should step up apparently don't realize that fan support ($$$) is what will allow NDSU athletics to do just that. And, disdain?! If I could I would donate to all sports but basketball given the holier than Christ attitude many here seem to have.

If you don't donate to NDSU athletics directly, then don't bitch or suggest FBS. It's the masses that allow TM to make its large annual donation. In fact, you even alluded to it without realizing it.

Keep the excuses coming.

Excuses for what?
    And you would have to create a post by me to find one saying I'm pro FBS

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    CAS and I come from a different of view. CAS is a former champion, he has a passion neither you or I will ever have. And that passion is needed. Just like lakes in his own dysfunctional manner.

But my comment involves those that are willing to be involved, can contribute but need a reason. You get an e mail or flyer in the mail to contribute to a cause, what do you do? Throw it away. Your boss or me comes to you and says, hey will you contribute to bison athletics (I know you have tickets) more than you have? What do you do, you might ante up more.

My situation, I am a fan. I donate if you come and sit in front of me ( employees kids have to sell the girl scout cookies not the parent) you will probably get a contribution from me. The group I was with Friday. 5 ex ndsu grads. one on the alumni board, and at the end of the conversation, no team makers were in that group, no season ticket holders were in that group, and I don't think a donor of bison athletics was in that group.

That is your target (one of your targets) , because 4 of the 5 was in Frisco.
    The reasons are you want NDSU to win and you want us to be able to keep our good coaches so we can win. WTF more reason do you want, other than to get your ego stroked?! I just don't get it I guess!

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Everyone works in sales.
    I dont in anyway shape or form.... I work for a municipal contractor we bid work ....what do I have to sell?

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

Keep the excuses coming.

You actually make a very poor argument. Either you give or you are making excuses. Well people have choices. And in my world, people need to be sold on a product, brand or concept. They either, give or you don't isn't reality.

My point is, I don't need to give anything. I can sit front row at a football game, I can get Frisco tickets, I can enjoy the perks of bison success because no sells me on the need to give.

The flip side, the alumni department contacted me and my wife and we have set up a business school endowment.

Again I will reiterate, most persons do not give. The concept that people give 10% of income to charity is fantasty. The persons most able to give don't. Money, wealth, disposable income exists today.

If you want to keep a coach Bohl and Coach Saul and the key is salary and fundraising, that is your target. NDSU alumni and athletics take a very narrow approach to this matter.

For example. Bison Bidders bowl. I bid 3k on an all star package. Went for 4k. Why isn't someone video taping who is bidding and not wining items? If I am stupid enough to bid 3k at bison bidder bowl for baseball tickets, why aren't they identifying me as a prospect for advertising, a scholarship, a contribution.

The funny thing is, I have had to discussion with various people at the college, and I still don't get called.

I dont in anyway shape or form.... I work for a municipal contractor we bid work ....what do I have to sell?
    Yourself. In every interpersonal relationship you have.