Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MAC or Summit?

Default Re: MAC or Summit?

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    I didn't know the MAC was looking at us........I like to deal with the real world. Just like I would rather get laid than whack off to the same picture 50 times.......
    Picture? ...you're doing it wrong.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

NWNDBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisBison View Post
    Really, we've been in D-1 for what 6 years? Our athletic budget has gone from $5M to $17M during that time. Pretty impressive me thinks. We do that in the next 6 years and we'll be looking at a $45M budget. We don't do this in one year, we gotta have patience.
    ^^^This!!!^^^

NWNDBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Saul made what, $175,000 I think, this year? Talk of needing BB coach at $300,000. I think we need to get there real fast with Saul getting $550,000 at Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by NWNDBison View Post
    Saul made what, $175,000 I think, this year? Talk of needing BB coach at $300,000. I think we need to get there real fast with Saul getting $550,000 at Ohio.
    With bonuses, I think Saul made very close to $200k this year. Maybe $185k-$195k. (I say this because his 5-year contract was said to be worth over $1M if he hit all bonuses.)

it's really sad with our states financial balloon we are losing coaches to schools like Wyoming and Ohio University

we are way better than this, we have Football into the 260K($326,000 with bonuses) range lets put Mens BBall there also

I'm happy for him, but we need to step up. but sadly our state leaders and University system is well....
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

MAC vs Summit...Saul could have left to be a top assistant in one of the big 5 conferences for more money. Assistant pay has skyrocketed in the major conferences. Craig Smith made more as an assistant at Nebraska then Saul did last year. He was the lowest paid assistant on the staff and that deal included a vehicle and country club membership. Until the Summit can catch up to the MAC in coaching pay, the Summit will always just be a stepping stone league. Same issue in football.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsansa View Post
    MAC vs Summit...Saul could have left to be a top assistant in one of the big 5 conferences for more money. Assistant pay has skyrocketed in the major conferences. Craig Smith made more as an assistant at Nebraska then Saul did last year. He was the lowest paid assistant on the staff and that deal included a vehicle and country club membership. Until the Summit can catch up to the MAC in coaching pay, the Summit will always just be a stepping stone league. Same issue in football.

Ohio is also a stepping stone to the Power Conferences.....they are NOT a powerhouse in either FB or Basketball, I know they are not terrible either, but my point isn't bashing Ohio it's bashing our State compared to the rest ofthe world when it comes to their Universities

hell Illinois has Legislators wanting to boost a university to get them in a higher profile league.....hmmm. It can be done in ND too but we would rather ride the coattails of NDSU and UND for that matter in any success they have and National recognition than give help support them.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Mac 2 1/2 times better right saul's checkbook?
    Ndsu basketball would be better in Mac or Mwc
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I think the teams summit is just as good, possibly better than the MAC...

BUT...

...until the teams in the conference can figure out how to sell tickets, increase budgets, get a tv contract, pay coaches, and have a big time image... we will be a weak ass conference. Some of the teams draw like flies and that reeks of small time. But things are improving until someone steals another team. We have to get out the Summit and get an invite to a real conference like the MVC, Mountain West, or MAC. Heck the Horizon could be better but maybe not. Not sure how to do it but it starts with committing money to basketball and not by taking it away from football. This is a #2 sport for us. We do a shitty job as a conference. It's D2 level stuff. The only positive of the conference is rivals with SDSU/USD, a near by conference tournament (but we don't get any tickets anyway), and a better than average chance of making the big dance. We're rarely on TV. Nobody outside of the Dakotas can name a team in the conference outside of Oral Roberts. If we can't' make the big dance regularly the conference is worthless in my opinion. And if we site travel costs as a reason, we have no intention of being big time. Being in the Summitt reminds of the days in football with the Great West except most of us knew the teams in the Great West. Who the fuck is IPFW and IUPUI.

The league is so bush league their website is down and I find info to further my argument. http://www.thesummitleague.org

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I think the teams summit is just as good, possibly better than the MAC...

BUT...

...until the teams in the conference can figure out how to sell tickets, increase budgets, get a tv contract, pay coaches, and have a big time image... we will be a weak ass conference. Some of the teams draw like flies and that reeks of small time. But things are improving until someone steals another team. We have to get out the Summit and get an invite to a real conference like the MVC, Mountain West, or MAC. Heck the Horizon could be better but maybe not. Not sure how to do it but it starts with committing money to basketball and not by taking it away from football. This is a #2 sport for us. We do a shitty job as a conference. It's D2 level stuff. The only positive of the conference is rivals with SDSU/USD, a near by conference tournament (but we don't get any tickets anyway), and a better than average chance of making the big dance. We're rarely on TV. Nobody outside of the Dakotas can name a team in the conference outside of Oral Roberts. If we can't' make the big dance regularly the conference is worthless in my opinion. And if we site travel costs as a reason, we have no intention of being big time. Being in the Summitt reminds of the days in football with the Great West except most of us knew the teams in the Great West. Who the fuck is IPFW and IUPUI.

The league is so bush league their website is down and I find info to further my argument. http://www.thesummitleague.org
    The conferences you mentioned dont exactly want ndsu so our we dont exactly have a lot of options right now