Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-2015 Schedule

Default Re: 2014-2015 Schedule

We may be playing somewhere else next year---->https://www.facebook.com/ValleyNewsLive?fref=nf
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    We may be playing somewhere else next year---->https://www.facebook.com/ValleyNewsLive?fref=nf
    I noticed cracks in the floor when I checked out the building in it's first year. You couldn't see through them at the time, but they definitely were noticeable. Twenty years later, you don't see anything similar in the Fargodome concourse or the concourse at Newman Field.

533 In a row

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yeah was it built poorly from the start? Since I am always on the north side of town scheels arena seemed to just pop up over night a couple years ago maybe they worked too fast didn't do enough to prep work to deal with this ever changing red river valley clay. I agree with road I saw minor cracks the one time I went into the building around 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    Yeah was it built poorly from the start? Since I am always on the north side of town scheels arena seemed to just pop up over night a couple years ago maybe they worked too fast didn't do enough to prep work to deal with this ever changing red river valley clay. I agree with road I saw minor cracks the one time I went into the building around 3 years ago.

No worries. If the arena seems like it was built rather hastily, they're making up for it with building the practice ice sheets.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Bison men to play at the Sun Bowl Invitational....

Dec 21. vs Kent State 5 p.m.
    Dec 22. vs UTEP or Alcorn State 5 or 7 p.m.

http://boxscorenews.com/field-set-fo...vpIClE.twitter

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    That's not built on red river valley clay.... it's built on a silt layer that runs through town... with drift wood and calm shells in it ... I have only been twenty some feet deep in that area so I don't know what's under that but that's what's under their concrete

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    That's not built on red river valley clay.... it's built on a silt layer that runs through town... with drift wood and calm shells in it ... I have only been twenty some feet deep in that area so I don't know what's under that but that's what's under their concrete

it shouldn't matter what is under there for soil if they had adequate and properly placed pilings with heavy enough footings and strategically placed expansion joints, UNcontrolled cracking like that would never happen. In my experience, this is all on the engineers failing to identify these soil conditions and and design accordingly.
    Last edited by BYZEN; 06-03-2014 at 01:41 AM.
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Quote Originally Posted by BYZEN View Post
    it doesn't matter what is under there for soil if they had adequate and properly placed pilings with heavy enough footings and strategically placed expansion joints, UNcontrolled cracking like that would never happen. In my experience, this is all on the engineers failing to identify these soil conditions and and design accordingly.
    Wtf are you saying it doesn't matter or does it? Make up your mind.... it was a ill thought out project....

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Bison men to play at the Sun Bowl Invitational....

Dec 21. vs Kent State 5 p.m.
    Dec 22. vs UTEP or Alcorn State 5 or 7 p.m.

http://boxscorenews.com/field-set-fo...vpIClE.twitter
    Nice! 10 char

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Nice! 10 char
    You serious Clark?