Feb 1 @WIU
    Feb 5 Omaha
    Feb 7 USD
    Feb 12 @USD
    Feb 14 @SDSU
    Feb 19 IUPUI
    Feb 21 Fort Wayne
    Feb 26 @ORU
    Last edited by NDSUstudent; 08-27-2014 at 12:02 AM.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2014-2015 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    vs UN_
    vs Akron
    @Southern Miss

I also remember hearing that we will host a few games in an early season tournament as part of our deal with the Gazelle Group. It looks like Minnesota will host USD and UN_ so I don't think we'll be playing them again this upcoming season.
    Thanks for the update. Good schedule thus far. I would like to see UWGB back on the schedule.

Pitino scared? Also, GB would be great to get back on the schedule. Hope we play in Scheels Arena. They will set up some chairs behind the basket but the main section behind there is far back.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have been planning to go to the Southern Miss game for a while now. Provided I'm not underway. Southern Miss is only about an hour away from the in-law and half a day's drive. Any chances of any other Bison fans besides myself and the Mrs?

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    vs UN_
    vs Akron
    @Southern Miss

I also remember hearing that we will host a few games in an early season tournament as part of our deal with the Gazelle Group. It looks like Minnesota will host USD and UN_ so I don't think we'll be playing them again this upcoming season.
    This is a decent start and hopefully we can get a couple of high major games through the Gazelle Group deal, I think that contract was one of the best things to happen for our program. It got us the games against ND and Ohio St last year and coming off a tourney appearance and win I think we should get something decent again this year. Looking forward to hearing what they'll be!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    This is a decent start and hopefully we can get a couple of high major games through the Gazelle Group deal, I think that contract was one of the best things to happen for our program. It got us the games against ND and Ohio St last year and coming off a tourney appearance and win I think we should get something decent again this year. Looking forward to hearing what they'll be!
    I'm curious about this well. How much does a tournament win impact our ability to schedule new OOC teams and possibly get them to come to Fargo?

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Saul just said on the Jack Michaels show that we play Montana St. next year.

I looked briefly at UNI's schedule before and after their Sweet Sixteen run in March 2010 (wow, it was that long ago?).

Their schedule that season (2009-2010) included 6 home games and 5 away games. @Denver, @DePaul, East Carolina, @Boston College, NIU, @ISU, Iowa, Siena, @North Dakota, Wyoming, ODU

The next season (2010-2011) included 7 home and 5 away. @Syracuse, Coe, @Milwaukee, North Dakota, ISU, @TCU, @Iowa, Morehead St, SC State, SIU-Edwardsville, @Indiana, New Mexico, George Mason

In 2011-2012 it included 6 home and 6 away: @ODU, @St. Marys, UNC, Western Carolina, @Rice, @Providence, @ISU, CSU, Iowa, Milwaukee, Ohio, @VCU

In all, it looks like it may have opened up some doors with other conferences, but they had some quality home and away opponents before and after their run. They also seem to schedule a lot of home-and-home contracts for back-to-back years.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    Saul just said on the Jack Michaels show that we play Montana St. next year.
    In the category of "fool me once......" I assume that means Montana State plays in Fargo first???
    Anyone know?

I still don't get why we can't thow out a game with Valley City State or Mayville State and play UN_ twice in a season. I know it's not usually done with a non-conference member. But it would be good to have a home game against them every year.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN