Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Shit guys...UN_'s dick is bigger than ours....

Default Re: Shit guys...UN_'s dick is bigger than ours....

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Did anyone look at the Time comparison tool? It's obviously flawed, as they only only list the following for NDSU:

Alf Clausen
    American composer and conductor

Rick Berg
    American politician

Joseph Steffan
    American lawyer

Craig Dahl
    Player of American football

Neil Wagner (baseball)
    Baseball player

Obviously, there is more famous living NDSU alumni that should be added to that list.

The Time tool is inaccurate.
    Gus Bradley may be a good one to add to the list...

Mike Jacobs to receive honorary doctorate from UND. That will surely up their ranking.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Has any one used this to determine how influiancial the forum is compared to to the rags

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Has any one used this to determine how influiancial the forum is compared to to the rags
    I believe the Forum IS a rag
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    Mike Jacobs to receive honorary doctorate from UND. That will surely up their ranking.
    If any of those brilliant clowns at the Hearld were any good, they wouldn't be working for Forum communications. Honestly, they could just as well hire porterhouse to be their editor in chief.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    That would be interesting. Our one newspaper is more influential than our other one, but please don't quit buying that one.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I am just shocked an amazed at how UN_ fans are taking this article to prove their relivence. "See, we are better, despite all you have done, we are better then you." Man, they are dilusional. This article talks about relivance, but then just lists famous people who went to (not necessarily graduated) from both schools. It just seems like the research done for this article is lazy. I have no problem citing current or former congressman and people like them as reasons to prove influence; but to list professional athletes is just stupid. How much influence do they have that directly relates to to university? Just how do they show their influence? By making a lot of money playing sports? Do any of the these pro athletes at UN_, or NDSU for that matter, give and money back to their school? I bet the total dollars is low. I would argue that people in business, especially ones in the local community are more influential then them. But if UN_ fans want to pump up this article to somehow show that they are better then us, go ahead; they just look pathetic doing it.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    I am just shocked an amazed at how UN_ fans are taking this article to prove their relivence. "See, we are better, despite all you have done, we are better then you." Man, they are dilusional. This article talks about relivance, but then just lists famous people who went to (not necessarily graduated) from both schools. It just seems like the research done for this article is lazy. I have no problem citing current or former congressman and people like them as reasons to prove influence; but to list professional athletes is just stupid. How much influence do they have that directly relates to to university? Just how do they show their influence? By making a lot of money playing sports? Do any of the these pro athletes at UN_, or NDSU for that matter, give and money back to their school? I bet the total dollars is low. I would argue that people in business, especially ones in the local community are more influential then them. But if UN_ fans want to pump up this article to somehow show that they are better then us, go ahead; they just look pathetic doing it.
    The issue I have is the fact that the Time "comparison tool" uses Wikipedia, which is obviously missing some key alumni...This whole thing is as credible as the stuff _arrel1976 or SueVolley posts on SS.com.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    The issue I have is the fact that the Time "comparison tool" uses Wikipedia, which is obviously missing some key alumni...This whole thing is as credible as the stuff _arrel1976 or SueVolley posts on SS.com.
    didn't the TIME writers learn anything in college? wikipedia is NOT a credible source for information.

Quote Originally Posted by coldspot View Post
    didn't the TIME writers learn anything in college? wikipedia is NOT a credible source for information.
    Unfortunately there is a whole generation of young people in middle school up to college for whom Wiki is treated by educators as an equally credible source as the World Book Encyclopedia was for generations before.

Sadly, I see Wiki treated as a respected source everyday. TIME is only reinforcing what I see all the time.