Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TrayVonn Wright

Default Re: TrayVonn Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
    First off, vertical jump is measured off two feet and the high jump is off one foot. The high jump is a highly technical event that uses velocity generated by a running approach along with the proper positioning of foot plant. Defending US champ Derek Kennard jumps 7'9 1/4" and says his vertical is 28 inches. Vertical leaping ability translates more into speed and the horizontal jumps like triple and long jump. I think that Tray has gone as high as he can go. Maybe he would get to 7 feet with lots of training. Which is very good by the way. Just not world class.
    You just gave the glass half full version. I'd still like to see how high he can touch off of one leg. High jump is indeed technical but imho it is even more mental.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Not sure why this hasn't been picked up on... put Tray on the field goal blocking team!!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Is this just speckamulation, or is Tray planning on some high jumping this spring?
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Is this just speckamulation, or is Tray planning on some high jumping this spring?
    This is Bisonville where speckamulation > factamundo.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post

Saul insinuated he would be we when took my son on the junior bison club bball tour back in February.

Sent from my HTC8x Windows Phone.

I thought I read somewhere the TW highjumped 6'11' in high school. If that is true, it's hard to believe he couldn't go over 7' feet now with better coaching and being stronger.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I thought I read somewhere the TW highjumped 6'11' in high school. If that is true, it's hard to believe he couldn't go over 7' feet now with better coaching and being stronger.
    You are close...According to GoBison, he won the state championship his sophomore year with a jump of 6' - 10". However, he may have reached 6'-11" later on and you may be correct.

http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5337
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Definitely not a believer he can touch 13', let alone do it easily.

As a former HJ coach who has made the attempt to teach the HJ to individuals who are great BB leapers, it is easier said than done. The sports are two very different animals. However, the fact that he has been a high jumper in the past does seem to indicate he could have some potential. Unfortunately, I have yet to see anything from TB to indicate he knows how to coach the event to the level TrayVonn would need.

I am not a German language expert, but this tweet is leading me to believe TrayVonn has signed with a team from Austria

https://twitter.com/Sky_StefanP/stat...14809968590848