Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TrayVonn Wright

Default TrayVonn Wright

Seriously, how high should he be able to high jump? I think he did 6'10" in high school. I bet he can nearly touch the top of the backboard which is 13 ft high.
    If I were Lars or Trevor I'd be begging him to join the team.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Default Re: TrayVonn Wright

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Seriously, how high should he be able to high jump? I think he did 6'10" in high school. I bet he can nearly touch the top of the backboard which is 13 ft high.
    Saw somewhere it was 6'11" in HS. Kid can sky!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Saw somewhere it was 6'11" in HS. Kid can sky!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He ain't got much weighing him down.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Saul told junior bison club in their tour that he can easily touch the top of the backboard, didn't have any doubts he would win high jump, said he almost feels bad for those that have been jumping and training for years to only get beat by a basketball player who trained for a few months.

Sent from my HTC8x Windows Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Saul told junior bison club in their tour that he can easily touch the top of the backboard, didn't have any doubts he would win high jump, said he almost feels bad for those that have been jumping and training for years to only get beat by a basketball player who trained for a few months.

Do some rough calculations assuming his wing span is like 6'10". 7'6" should be easy.

Just so happened that he said wing span was almost 7'. Are you referring to 7'6 high jump (working it backwards?)

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Just so happened that he said wing span was almost 7'. Are you referring to 7'6 high jump (working it backwards?)

Yes

Here is an interesting article showing some research on how to predict high jump performance.

http://www.academia.edu/961861/Fosbu...Variable_Model

I think I comprehended the article correctly.

FFP = -0.618(Height) + 0.989(HMAX) + 0.669(Ability) -0.08

units are centimeters
    FFP = predicted high jump height
    Height = height of athlete
    HMAX = how high the athlete can touch with the hand opposite the takeoff foot(one leg takeoff--think driving in for a layup)
    Ability = -30cm for novice; 0cm for intermediate; 20cm for highly skilled high jumper

I assumed Tray is 6'7" tall = 200.66 cm; HMAX = 13'2" = 401.32 cm(top of backboard is 13' and someone said he can touch it easily)

If Tray is an intermediate level jumper he is predicted to clear 7'9"; if he could develop into a highly skilled high jumper it predicts an incredible 8'4"!

Either way, get the dude some high jump spikes!

Here is an interesting article showing some research on how to predict high jump performance.

http://www.academia.edu/961861/Fosbu...Variable_Model

I think I comprehended the article correctly.

FFP = -0.618(Height) + 0.989(HMAX) + 0.669(Ability) -0.08

units are centimeters
    FFP = predicted high jump height
    Height = height of athlete
    HMAX = how high the athlete can touch with the hand opposite the takeoff foot(one leg takeoff--think driving in for a layup)
    Ability = -30cm for novice; 0cm for intermediate; 20cm for highly skilled high jumper

I assumed Tray is 6'7" tall = 200.66 cm; HMAX = 13'2" = 401.32 cm(top of backboard is 13' and someone said he can touch it easily)

If Tray is an intermediate level jumper he is predicted to clear 7'9"; if he could develop into a highly skilled high jumper it predicts an incredible 8'4"!

Either way, get the dude some high jump spikes!
    Guessing he's probably done some "retraining" already and he did it in HS (I thought I heard that? or am I mixing him up with Tveidt?) so probably won't take much to get decent jumps out of him.

First off, vertical jump is measured off two feet and the high jump is off one foot. The high jump is a highly technical event that uses velocity generated by a running approach along with the proper positioning of foot plant. Defending US champ Derek Kennard jumps 7'9 1/4" and says his vertical is 28 inches. Vertical leaping ability translates more into speed and the horizontal jumps like triple and long jump. I think that Tray has gone as high as he can go. Maybe he would get to 7 feet with lots of training. Which is very good by the way. Just not world class.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.