Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Project the Bison '14-'15 MBB Starters

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Project the Bison '14-'15 MBB Starters

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    IMHO, LA #1 AJ #2, Brown #3, Kaeding #4 and a Big yet to be signed #5
    Also, major minutes for Carlin, Dexter & VandenBurgh off the bench --it will be awesome having these 3 high energy guys coming off the bench. Carlin for LA, Dexter for Kaeding, VandenBurgh for Brown.

Only question I would have is AJ quick enough to play the #2?? I see him more as a small forward..

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Only question I would have is AJ quick enough to play the #2?? I see him more as a small forward..
    On offense probably, defensively will probably guard a 3 while Brown takes the 2?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Heard Saul this morning on KFGO and he was very high on AJ, said the reason he didn't play this year is he wanted to play him 30 minutes a game for 4 years. Also said he put in some great work in the weight room and changed his frame. Sounds like he is doing everything right.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Heard Saul this morning on KFGO and he was very high on AJ, said the reason he didn't play this year is he wanted to play him 30 minutes a game for 4 years. Also said he put in some great work in the weight room and changed his frame. Sounds like he is doing everything right.
    Exactly. AJ could of played 10-15 mins this year but rather have him for 4 years with a lot of minutes and potential to set records.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    "We All From Africa"

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    If Saul's only goal was to get to the next level of coaching he would have played AJ this year as that could have potentially made this year's team better especially late in the year with Felt struggling. By not playing him he actually took one for the good of the BB program.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

I absolutely agree that Dexter needs to be a huge consideration for the future. That young man is just plain athletic. With his hops, hands, and attitude, I will go on record here as saying that if he had chosen to play football over hoops (as many of us out west thought he should have coming out of HS) he would be, at a minimum, all MVC at tight end. Hell, he would go down as one of the best, if not THE best, tight end in Bison football history. But the young man loves the round ball more. If he is given the chance, we will get to enjoy that skill set on the court in stead of the field. IF he is given the chance.......

I will say that my opinion of Dexter has changed considerably in the last few weeks. Kid has some unreal athleticism for his height. My fear was that he would eventually be another Andy Nagel (due respect to my boy Nags) but looking forward to see how he emerges. He'll be playing big minutes next year.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Werner is going to be our next Barkley since Barkley was only 6'5". Or we can only hope so. I was really hoping Saul would put some of these younger reserves in sporadically in the second half against Denver since we were up by 30 instead of waiting so long as I wanted to see how they would do against Denver's starters.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

LA IS THE STAR
    KB IS #2
    Dupree needs on court
    Kading should start.

Wesenberg, Paul miller or Werner or AJ round it out. Forgot Vandenberg
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 07-22-2014 at 03:42 AM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

1. LA
    2. Dupree
    3. Brown
    4. Vandenbergh
    5. Kading