Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Project the Bison '14-'15 MBB Starters

Default Re: Project the Bison '14-'15 MBB Starters

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Winning a game every year, yes. But don't think a trip to the big dance 3/5 years is a unrealistic goal at all. We play in the Summit and SDSU is our biggest obstacle. Maybe Oral Roberts or Denver from time to time. If we can be this good with the crappy BSA, what can we do now?
    That makes sense and I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Winning a game every year, yes. But don't think a trip to the big dance 3/5 years is a unrealistic goal at all. We play in the Summit and SDSU is our biggest obstacle. Maybe Oral Roberts or Denver from time to time. If we can be this good with the crappy BSA, what can we do now?
    USD with Craig Smith will be legit too

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    "We All From Africa"

I hope this team creates its own identity, one with a nasty edge.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I hope this team creates its own identity, one with a nasty edge.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    That would be a first for NDSU MBB, and not sure Saul would allow it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    That would be a first for NDSU MBB, and not sure Saul would allow it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You may be right and that ain't right. I think there are certain players on the team that have the edge if it is allowed to be let out. Korey Brown, Carlin, Dexter, maybe VandenBurgh. AJ has some swag. We need to play with a little emotion. Not stupid cocky NBA shit either. Positive emotion if that makes any sense. The team seemed like a group of robots out there at times. For the life of me I can't believe how many times Taylor would go to the basket and not take an extra dribble and put down a nasty dunk. As a coach I would have demanded it. I could see Korey doing it. Carlin has an edge to him, I know it cause I spoke to his high school coach enough this last week to figure that out. He's from Milwaukee Bitch! Dexter does, I saw it in high school and after talking to his dad on the 13hr drive back from Spokane I think he is gonna really surprise some people. CAS you should meet his dad sometime. Built like a brick shit house!
    Thames should have been roughed up a little bit. Make him pay. Nothing wrong with a little physical basketball. This ain't church league and we were not in foul trouble except for Tray.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

One other thing about Werner that I mentioned in another thread. He came in against San Diego State and they still had their starters in and went and got a rebound in the midst of the trees and got fouled going back up. Now I know this happened with 40 seconds left but if you were paying attention this was impressive as everybody is worried about his lack of height. They still had their regular inside guys in if I remember correctly and our other bigs had trouble getting those types of rebounds because of their length. His reach is supposedly 7 ft. So people complaining about his height I guess we could go get a 6'9" guy with a 6'9" reach and Werner would outrebound them .

We need Werner to hit the glass hard and if he can do that he can score 10 a game just by doing that. We will have some scorers next year with LA, Brown improving, and if Jacobson is as good as what we all think he will be. Plus Werner is a guy that just loves BB from what everybody has told me and is a gym rat.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Our starters obviously won't be as tough as last year but our overall depth could be better depending on freshmen stepping in and contributing. It will be nice to get Vandenbergh back--he is a tough competitor. We could have a couple different lineups I feel-----If want to play small ball PG LA SG Dupree SF Brown PF Jacobson C Kading If want to go bigger PG LA SG Brown SF Jacobson PF Wesenberg C Kading
    It's all about continuing to get better----you never know how much a player can improve from year to year which is the beauty
    EXPECT A LOT GET A LOT
    GO BISON

I agree with Mr. B in that Dexter is our X-Factor. We need him to be good

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I for one am really excited to see what this team has in store for us next year, we've been watching the same primary group of guys for 4 years now and while it's definitely sad to see them go that means we get to see what a new group of guys is all about. With the currently players we have my projection is:

LA
    Dupree
    Brown
    Vandenburgh
    Kading

With Jacobson, Miller, Wesenburg and Werner getting solid minutes in the rotation. That being said I think we find a way to land a big either as a JUCO transfer or someone who has slipped under the radar who can start at the 5 spot and move Kading to his more natural PF spot. The player I'm most excited to see more of is Dupree, yes he has been careless with the ball at times but he's freakishly athletic and might have the quickest first step of anybody that's ever played at NDSU Woodside included. He's got a lot of work to do to refine his game but he has shown some amazing flashes of talent thus far.

IMHO, LA #1 AJ #2, Brown #3, Kaeding #4 and a Big yet to be signed #5
    Also, major minutes for Carlin, Dexter & VandenBurgh off the bench --it will be awesome having these 3 high energy guys coming off the bench. Carlin for LA, Dexter for Kaeding, VandenBurgh for Brown.