Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Project the Bison '14-'15 MBB Starters

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Project the Bison '14-'15 MBB Starters

We need two athletic bigs...transfers or whatever...done.

We need a 6'9" long, athletic shot blocker!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

After seeing what Dupree did.....I WANT TO SEE MORE OF HIM!

I love how everyone is like...we need a 6'9 beast....NO SHIT! They don't grow on trees and we are out there trying to find one every waking moment! i can guarantee you guys that! We are fortunate to be HOT right now and be sitting on two scholarsips. Our history of striking gold late in basketball recruiting has not been by accident. Andre Smith was the original late get.

As of right now, it appears Paul Miller and Wesenberg are playing next year as freshman. Cannot tell you how excited "we" are to have them at NDSU. They really had tremendous years in Wisconsin, being named to the first team.

Personally I am very excited about the future. We have 4 really solid kids coming in. I am excited about the SHOOTING that they will provide, they had tremendous HS careers.

Talking about returning players. Lets just skip LA and K Brown right now, because we know they are all summit type of players. KB was the defensive player of the year and every coach knows it. He changed the mentality of our team on defense. That SOB is flat out tough. He competes at all times. His offensive game will explode, he is flat out nasty. LA is LA. He is going to be great.

Carlin Dupree has the most athletic talent of any young kid around. You live with the ups and downs. He is a turnover machine at times, but does anyone want to trade him in? My goodness is his upside freakish. I fully expect him to start in the backcourt with LA and KB moves to his natural 3 spot.

Jacobson has had the best redshirt year on memory. He competes against Taylor Braun every day. Any questions about how tough you have to be to play TB? He grew up this year. He continues to grow and fill out. He will score and score alot, I have never been so sure of a recruit. He will be VERY good. My comparison is like Tveidt. He is a big kid who can really shoot.

Kading, I think he blossoms with confidence, he is a starting post for us right now. He has a great shot, times of inconsistency this year with his shot, but he is a big boy who really rebounds and defends.

Dexter, I have said for a year he will be a fan favorite. Did anyone see him doing 360 dunks in Sioux Falls off the glass? He is alot more athletic than he LOOKS like he would be. He has a nasty about him and can really develop a shot. he must finish with both hands and I guarantee will be in foul trouble at all times. He is just tough. He is a wild card, and needs to be good for us.

Nobody is talking about Brett Vandenberg. He is a big/strong kid who REALLY shoots the ball. He has had a tough start to his career. Plays as a true freshman, wasn't ready and then gets hurt so he misses his true sophomore year and redshirts. he was a big recruit. Alot of teams wanted him. I watched him shoot in SF and was giddy with how comfortable he looks. He can be a stretch 4 for us. He has to be the NASTY tough kid that he was billed coming in. WILD CARD.

Overall, I am excited just like football to see what some new faces will bring. We won't win 26 games next year, but we have a couple studs returning and some kids that just got some amazing experience.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My projection:

LA
    Brown
    AJ
    <juco/transfer>
    Kading

6th man
    Dupree

if no juco/transfer, the ym&d goes in

Hey Burgundy, we need a 6'9" long athletic dude in the middle! Just kidding. How about Matt Heldt from Neenah? Any chance in hell he is interested? Spoke with Carlin's high school coach and he really likes Heldt.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I love how everyone is like...we need a 6'9 beast....NO SHIT! They don't grow on trees and we are out there trying to find one every waking moment! i can guarantee you guys that! We are fortunate to be HOT right now and be sitting on two scholarsips. Our history of striking gold late in basketball recruiting has not been by accident. Andre Smith was the original late get.

As of right now, it appears Paul Miller and Wesenberg are playing next year as freshman. Cannot tell you how excited "we" are to have them at NDSU. They really had tremendous years in Wisconsin, being named to the first team.

Personally I am very excited about the future. We have 4 really solid kids coming in. I am excited about the SHOOTING that they will provide, they had tremendous HS careers.

Talking about returning players. Lets just skip LA and K Brown right now, because we know they are all summit type of players. KB was the defensive player of the year and every coach knows it. He changed the mentality of our team on defense. That SOB is flat out tough. He competes at all times. His offensive game will explode, he is flat out nasty. LA is LA. He is going to be great.

Carlin Dupree has the most athletic talent of any young kid around. You live with the ups and downs. He is a turnover machine at times, but does anyone want to trade him in? My goodness is his upside freakish. I fully expect him to start in the backcourt with LA and KB moves to his natural 3 spot.

Jacobson has had the best redshirt year on memory. He competes against Taylor Braun every day. Any questions about how tough you have to be to play TB? He grew up this year. He continues to grow and fill out. He will score and score alot, I have never been so sure of a recruit. He will be VERY good. My comparison is like Tveidt. He is a big kid who can really shoot.

Kading, I think he blossoms with confidence, he is a starting post for us right now. He has a great shot, times of inconsistency this year with his shot, but he is a big boy who really rebounds and defends.

Dexter, I have said for a year he will be a fan favorite. Did anyone see him doing 360 dunks in Sioux Falls off the glass? He is alot more athletic than he LOOKS like he would be. He has a nasty about him and can really develop a shot. he must finish with both hands and I guarantee will be in foul trouble at all times. He is just tough. He is a wild card, and needs to be good for us.

Nobody is talking about Brett Vandenberg. He is a big/strong kid who REALLY shoots the ball. He has had a tough start to his career. Plays as a true freshman, wasn't ready and then gets hurt so he misses his true sophomore year and redshirts. he was a big recruit. Alot of teams wanted him. I watched him shoot in SF and was giddy with how comfortable he looks. He can be a stretch 4 for us. He has to be the NASTY tough kid that he was billed coming in. WILD CARD.

Overall, I am excited just like football to see what some new faces will bring. We won't win 26 games next year, but we have a couple studs returning and some kids that just got some amazing experience.
    Very good info

This right here. He seems like he plays nasty, loves doing it and always having fun. The fans love that type of player.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

I have felt we are too nice sometimes. I mean we have REALLY NICE KIDS! Not to say Dexter isn't a nice kid, I am sure he is, but we don't even have kids that talk loud. They are quite kids. I think Dexter is going to be vocal and really be someone the crowd can feel like they understand his personality. He communicates on defense which I like. I was impressed watching him dunk. not to say that is a good sign of an athlete, but he looks like he would be stuck to the ground and he is doing dunk contest type stuff. I personally was excited to see that. his wing span is his best asset. He has to be solid for us to be good.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

I really like the young guys but the fact remains if we want to make a run next year, we need an impact player who can play immediately. Can't build the program with 2 years if mediocre play

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com