Default Re: Project the Bison '14-'15 MBB Starters

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Right now I would have to say....

LA
    Carlin
    Brown
    AJ
    Kading

That is a small lineup but they could run. Of course we do still have two scholarships to fill.

Miller and Wesenberg are my two freshman to watch.
    I'll stick with what I said back in March.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Hey Burgundy, we need a 6'9" long athletic dude in the middle! Just kidding. How about Matt Heldt from Neenah? Any chance in hell he is interested? Spoke with Carlin's high school coach and he really likes Heldt.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Heldt is going to Marquette. Committed over the summer.
    http://www.wissports.net/news_articl...rrer_id=532521

Matt Heldt didn't want to wait.

Not until August, not until mid July or not even until the 4th of July.

The 6-foot-10 senior forward/center from Neenah decided to end his recruitment today by calling Marquette University coach Steve Wojciechowski and giving the first-year mentor a verbal commitment to play at the Big East Conference school.

Ranked No. 3 among seniors in Wisconsin by WisSports.net, Heldt selected Marquette over scholarship offers from Davidson, Northern Iowa and Xavier, among others.

"I wanted to come and visit and make my commitment in person, but I would have had to wait until August 1 because of the dead period rules in place by the NCAA," Heldt said. "But I didn't want to wait until August because I knew Marquette is the place I wanted to be.

"Coach Wojciechowski was definitely a big part of my decision. I felt they wanted me more than any other school. All the check marks fell into place and I really felt Marquette was the place for me."

Heldt joins Sun Prairie senior guard Nick Noskowiak (6-3) in Marquette's 2015 recruiting class.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Expecting a Summit League championship every year is a little bit irrational. If we make the Big Dance every year basketball won't be our number two sport.
    I don't know. NDSU should be virtually every year a top 4 Summit League team. Too many strengths not too be that good.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    1. LA
    2. Dupree
    3. Brown
    4. Vandenbergh
    5. Kading

I'm really leaning to this with AJ & Dexter subbing in first
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

1-2 LA and Dupree 3 Brown 4 AJ and 5 Kading

Take it to the bank
    "We All From Africa"

AJ at 4? I figured he was a ,#2 all the way
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    AJ at 4? I figured he was a ,#2 all the way
    Probably best at the 3 but the team will need more scoring on the floor. So he plays the 4.

AJ is 6-6 215 so he has the size.

1. LA
    2. Brown
    3. AJ
    4. Werner
    5. Kading

With Dupree and VadenBurgh 6 & 7.

1 - LA
    2 - Dupree
    3 - Brown
    4 - AJ
    5 - Kading

I think AJ can do so many different things, and with the lack of anyone else stepping up really I think eventually this will be the lineup if it isn't out of the gate.

I know others here think different but I think it may be a struggle year. Outside of LA, Dupree, Carlin, I just don't see a lot of depth right now of players that can play in the Summit that we know of. Kading will need to step up in a big way and I honestly don't know who's going to come in as the 6, 7, and 8th man. Should be a fun year though in watching the team grow.

We have three guys that will be solid for us and will be the leaders of this years team in LA, Brown, and Kading. I have no doubts in my mind these three will be rock solid for us. After that we get young and inexperienced, Dupree made a huge splash in March and showed flashes last year. Kid is going to be good and he will get the chance to show us this year. AJ is another kid who needs to be an impact guy for us. He had a terrific red-shirt season and we all have heard how good he could be. Werner is a kid the coaches are really excited about, sounds like he had a great off season and we certainly will need him as we are thin with our size this year. We shall see how Brett bounces back from the injury and which true freshman will be ready to contribute right away.