Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Project the Bison '14-'15 MBB Starters

Default Re: Project the Bison '14-'15 MBB Starters

Definite starters in my opinion are LA, Brown, Vandenberg. I also think AJ will start either at the 3 or the 4 depending on if they start Dupree or bring him in as the 6th man. Looking forward to the year.

I think we'll be top 4 in the Summit just with the known quantities of our juniors and seniors. I hate to say this about a RFR, but I really think if AJ is the real deal that gives us a chance to be great, if he's just OK then we'll be just ok. I have high hopes for him though, I think he'll be solid all around offensive player at the least.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think if we want the most talent on the floor as starters the lineup will be LA, Dupree, Brown, AJ and Kading with Vandenbergh being the 6th man and Dex backing up Kading. Behind them I would think Wesenberg will see the floor and then just for depth I think 2 of the 3 out of Showalter, Paul Miller and Trey Miller will play this season. I can't see us going into the season with only 9 scholarship players available so I think 2 of the guards will play this year.

I am curious to see how Dex has developed. I keep hearing that he has came around well and is a player to look out for but it will be interesting to see if that is true or just program hype. Time to show it.
    Last edited by Bison"FANatic"; 10-22-2014 at 03:41 PM.

Why did Brett leave the team?
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Why did Brett leave the team?
    I wonder if his knee didn't fully recover, knee injuries can be real tough in basketball.

Sucks to lose a kid like that. Was looking forward to seeing him add some toughness to the lineup. How about our media signing for an explanation? Hopefully its nothing negative.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

does this influence freshmen playing right away? maybe trey or eliason?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I wonder if his knee didn't fully recover, knee injuries can be real tough in basketball.
    This is what I heard. Tough loss. Next man up!

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    does this influence freshmen playing right away? maybe trey or eliason?
    I don't think Eliason will play this year I think he is most in need of a redshirt year to build up that frame of his but I think we just went from redshirting 3 freshman to only redshirting 2. If coach decides to put the most talent on the floor this season then I think Ishola gets the other redshirt and everyone else plays. If he decides he wants to get 4 seasons of solid minutes out of either Showalter or either of the Millers then one of them most likely gets the redshirt and Ishola plays. I can't see us going with less than 10 scholarship players available to play. We definitely have went from one of the oldest most experienced teams in college basketball to one of the youngest which could be great news in a couple years but hopefully we don't have too many growing pains the next couple. I think having LA running the show this year will help a ton.

Per Coach Richman, starting five for NDSU men's basketball exhibition tomorrow: LA, Carlin Dupree, Kory Brown, AJ Jacobson and Chris Kading.

Silk & Myself will take a bow...
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?