Thread: Basketball Adds to an Amazing Year

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Basketball Adds to an Amazing Year

As a Bison fan, I gotta say this has hands down been my favorite year following Bison sports. The football team tied FCS history with a 3rd championship, beat its toughest FBS opponent yet (a k-state team that lost ONLY to ranked teams and NDSU) and was just plain good at everything. In wrestling we won our conference for the 1st time since entering it, sent 4 guys to the NCAA tourney where Steven Monk took 3rd in his weight class for our highest individual tourney finish ever, and now our men's BBall team dominates the Summit while fielding a really fun team to watch, gets to the Big Dance and beats a Big 12 team that took down some really good teams this year garnering excellent national recognition in the process. The bar really has been raised across the board and the future looks promising. Basketball returns a solid backcourt, and some good looking recruits with Saul Phillips tenure and replacement of our bigs as the main question marks. Football returns an excellent roster (and nice looking recruiting class) that could (on paper) 4-peat, and wrestling returns some really good wrestlers and a 2013 recruiting class that a couple of recruiting services ranked as the 4th best class nationally...I'm still amazed by that one. I'm more excited for this coming year than I was for 2013 and that's saying a lot. Is it fall yet?

Default Re: Basketball Adds to an Amazing Year

Gene Taylor on 790 radio next...

And now...back to the regularly scheduled topic...Yes its been an awesome year. But in a sense, just another great year for the Herd. August 28, 2004, the Bison FB team played Valparaiso, in the Inagural D-1 game, you could say this "push" started then. Especially since so many wrote the Bison off as to never having any chance-in-hell of even so much as having a winning season in FB, muchless making the Big Dance?
    Twice!
    But really, it started decades ago, and like a snowball rolling downhill, just kept getting bigger and more powerful, this thing called Bison Pride.

No matter what the future holds, Bison Pride lives on...and always will.

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    As a Bison fan, I gotta say this has hands down been my favorite year following Bison sports. The football team tied FCS history with a 3rd championship, beat its toughest FBS opponent yet (a k-state team that lost ONLY to ranked teams and NDSU) and was just plain good at everything. In wrestling we won our conference for the 1st time since entering it, sent 4 guys to the NCAA tourney where Steven Monk took 3rd in his weight class for our highest individual tourney finish ever, and now our men's BBall team dominates the Summit while fielding a really fun team to watch, gets to the Big Dance and beats a Big 12 team that took down some really good teams this year garnering excellent national recognition in the process. The bar really has been raised across the board and the future looks promising. Basketball returns a solid backcourt, and some good looking recruits with Saul Phillips tenure and replacement of our bigs as the main question marks. Football returns an excellent roster (and nice looking recruiting class) that could (on paper) 4-peat, and wrestling returns some really good wrestlers and a 2013 recruiting class that a couple of recruiting services ranked as the 4th best class nationally...I'm still amazed by that one. I'm more excited for this coming year than I was for 2013 and that's saying a lot. Is it fall yet?
    Spring practices start Saturday...
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    And now...back to the regularly scheduled topic...Yes its been an awesome year. But in a sense, just another great year for the Herd. August 28, 2004, the Bison FB team played Valparaiso, in the Inagural D-1 game, you could say this "push" started then. Especially since so many wrote the Bison off as to never having any chance-in-hell of even so much as having a winning season in FB, muchless making the Big Dance?
    Twice!
    But really, it started decades ago, and like a snowball rolling downhill, just kept getting bigger and more powerful, this thing called Bison Pride.

No matter what the future holds, Bison Pride lives on...and always will.
    Cool......

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.