Thread: 51 -43 @ 4:13

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default 51 -43 @ 4:13

It was a game.

Even though the Bison seemed to be tight and did not shoot well, this was an eight point, three possession game with only 4:13 remaining.

SDSU has 30 wins and was a number 4 seed.

NDSU was playing in their second game in the Round of 32 in the 2014 NCAA Tournament.

Thanks Bison Basketball you did just awesome!!

Default Re: 51 -43 @ 4:13

No one took the ball to the basket no one stepped up and coaches didn't change anything up or shoot 3's, and let the clock run down from 35 to 3 every possession without pressing or showing signs of aggressiveness.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    No one took the ball to the basket no one stepped up and coaches didn't change anything up or shoot 3's, and let the clock run down from 35 to 3 every possession without pressing or showing signs of aggressiveness.
    Trust me on this....we don't have to worry about Saul going anywhere with significance after this game.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    This is what I don't get. Make the adjustments, we were getting screened off continually while our picks on them weren't happening.

The only rant I have is these Bison were good enough, they were just on their heels from the start. Maybe from the BS ref calls. Maybe sdsu was just that dang quick. I just think we had one hell of a team and I wanted to see them knock the Aztecs on their azzes.

We had a chance to make a run. Seemed like it was Murphy's law late in the game. Everything went bad. Nothing went in. All their shots went in. Every bounce went their way. Every call went their way. Every rebound went to them. Tray only played 20 minutes due to soft fouls. It wasn't our night. Shit they hit a freakin 4 point play and missed a free throw only to commit a lane violation and then get the free throw. Hit a three with 1 second on the clock on an inbound play. There's 5 points right there. Their guard hit shots while being smothered. We missed a layup and every wide open shot. If he misses one of those threes and we get a few shots to go down... Just made play after play and we didn't. Braun and LA hit 4 shots all night and misses were wide open shots and layups. Hit a few more and it is a very different game. Every player on the team played a role in that but its no reason to think any less of them. We could beat them if we played again. Nuff said. Go Bison

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I would have rather seen some 40% 3's versus driving in for TO's and poor quality shots in the last 5 minutes. We had multiple trips where the ball didn't even get to the rim. Most teams trailing by 8-10 would work to get some 3's. They never came, and I didn't feel good about that.

I know this is gonna sound like a silly excuse...but to me the guys looked F-ing tired and spent. I mean Braun looked like shit...he was not feeling good...I don't think they had anything "left in the tank" so to speak. That being said, I was wondering why there just didn't seem to be more of a sense of urgency around this time in the game.
    This Post is copyrighted by Bisonville for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this Post, or of any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the Post without Bisonville's express written consent, is prohibited.

Hell...we got as far as Gonzaga, Kansas, Syracuse, Creighton, etc...and man did Creighton go out on a beating.

Overall, I think a great past couple weeks for Bison basketball.
    This Post is copyrighted by Bisonville for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this Post, or of any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the Post without Bisonville's express written consent, is prohibited.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonville GasMan View Post
    Hell...we got as far as Gonzaga, Kansas, Syracuse, Creighton, etc...and man did Creighton go out on a beating.

Overall, I think a great past couple weeks for Bison basketball.
    We also went furthur then Duke and Ohio State.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonville GasMan View Post
    I know this is gonna sound like a silly excuse...but to me the guys looked F-ing tired and spent. I mean Braun looked like shit...he was not feeling good...I don't think they had anything "left in the tank" so to speak. That being said, I was wondering why there just didn't seem to be more of a sense of urgency around this time in the game.
    I totally agree with on this and I blame it solely on Saul. Saul in my opinion did not do a good job on subsititions and keeping the guys fresh. If my memory is correct Bjorkland played all of 1 minute in the second half. That is unacceptable for a big guy. Also, LA was getting pressed all game and he hardly sat and was exhausted. Saul's rotations were not good and I feel like he needs to improve in this area as we got beat badly the last five minutes of both halves and this was partially the result of keeping the guys fresh.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.