Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Who would you rank higher

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Who would you rank higher

Basketball Bison had a great season and can rest secure in the knowledge that they took the program to new heights. More national publicity than the football team garnered, even counting Game Day.

Still, the football team ended 3 seasons with wins, including an undefeated finish this year. The greater team?

When we needed to come back against Kansas State, who among you doubted that Brock would find a way to win? When we needed to come back against San Diego State, who among you doubted that Taylor would find a way to win? The greater team?

Our football team this year had the knowledge, skills and confidence to take on whatever was in front of them, all the way to the title. The basketball team, and this takes nothing away from their great accomplishment, did the very best they could. But it wasn't enough to catch and finish off a team that they dominated in the opening minutes (with a crappy shooting percentage). The greater team?

It's pretty clear to me.

Why must we pit one program against another? Can't we celebrate the accomplishments if both separately? It's asking the question, which one of your kids do you love more.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    Basketball Bison had a great season and can rest secure in the knowledge that they took the program to new heights. More national publicity than the football team garnered, even counting Game Day.

Still, the football team ended 3 seasons with wins, including an undefeated finish this year. The greater team?

When we needed to come back against Kansas State, who among you doubted that Brock would find a way to win? When we needed to come back against San Diego State, who among you doubted that Taylor would find a way to win? The greater team?

Our football team this year had the knowledge, skills and confidence to take on whatever was in front of them, all the way to the title. The basketball team, and this takes nothing away from their great accomplishment, did the very best they could. But it wasn't enough to catch and finish off a team that they dominated in the opening minutes (with a crappy shooting percentage). The greater team?

It's pretty clear to me.
    I dare anybody to argue Against this post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigMilfors View Post
    I dare anybody to argue Against this post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    OK. I don't see how you can compare 2 completely different sports or why we would even want to but the Kstate game was at the beginning of the year and really didn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Meaning even if we lose we still could have accomplished the ultimate goal which was the Championship. Now what if that game is at the end of the season with the post season on the line?The BB tourney is the ultimate goal and we got there, won a game and that has a ton of pressure that goes with it.

The Kstate game set the tone for all things Bison this year. And we arent even done yet.

I believe on the chinese calendar...it is the year of the Bison, no?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    The Kstate game set the tone for all things Bison this year. And we arent even done yet.

I believe on the chinese calendar...it is the year of the Bison, no?
    Isn't their version of Bison a water-buffalo?

Rather than pick favorites among NDSU programs compare the NDSU Mens Athletic Department to others in the country. Nationally 5 schools in the Round of 32 finished higher than NDSU in the final Sagarin football ranking. In the two most popular collegiate sports, football and basketball, NDSU excelled. I am not suggesting NDSU is the 6th best department in the country, it is however very damn good.
    BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE THE DIFFERENCE!

The basketball team and football team both had a amazing runs and took down programs that had better facilities, better recruits and bigger budgets. Both did it on big stages, we have a lot to be proud of.

Both did exactly what we expected and more. It doesn't get any better than that as a fan.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The basketball team and football team both had a amazing runs and took down programs that had better facilities, better recruits and bigger budgets. Both did it on big stages, we have a lot to be proud of.

Both did exactly what we expected and more. It doesn't get any better than that as a fan.
    Both teams had to come from behind late in the game to beat a Big 12 school.